When will I and others start to notice?

Options
Hey everyone,

I am hoping to be able to wear a bikini at some point this summer (probably late July) and have my friends notice I have lost.
So far I have only lost 5 pounds. I am fairly short, though, so I am thinking small weight loss will be noticeable (today I am 162 pounds at 5'3") If I was to lose another 15 pounds do you think it would be very noticeable or will it take a lot more?? I have really never lost weight, so I don't know.....

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    4 weeks for you to notice, 8 weeks for friends and family to notice and 12 weeks for everyone else. Slow and steady.... Best of luck!
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    4 weeks for you to notice, 8 weeks for friends and family to notice and 12 weeks for everyone else. Slow and steady.... Best of luck!

^ this
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Keep focused and working toward your goals. It will pay off, you'll feel great and people will start to notice as well. Good luck!!
  • afigueroa_pr
    afigueroa_pr Posts: 344
    Options

People usually start noticing your weight loss after 10 pounds lost.
    Keep it up. You're doing great!
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    for somebody with a lot more weight to lose (like me) people started noticing when i was 35lbs down. but i didnt notice until like 50lbs.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    It depends on how often these people see you. If they see you almost every day, it might take a little longer (just like it does for yourself to notice). However, if they only see you once every two or three weeks, they might notice right away. Alot of changes can take place in three weeks. That's why it's so important to take before and after photos. You might not notice a difference in the mirror, but the camera certainly shows the difference.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting. I noticed in myself around 20 lbs. But only a very few people have said anything to me about it yet. Kinda disappointing.