anyone in there early 20's looking for support

Options
hi everyone, it is very hard to get support from women my age in my life. although they are not againt it, there is always that competitiveness or jealousy elephant in the room. if anyone in this age group would like some support feel free to add me, im somewhat new to this site.

Replies

• anonvl
    anonvl Posts: 17
    Options
    Hey I'm 21 (in 2 weeks) and looking to lose about 15lbs. Feel free to add me
  • jenniferether
    Options
    Not quite in my 20s yet but I face that same issue! So I figured I'd reply/add anyways. :)
  • BookofJenny
    BookofJenny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am 22 - feel free to add away :)
  • steph6229
    steph6229 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm 20. Feel free to add me also :)
  • ceci1014
    ceci1014 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I am 21yrs old I just had my 2nd baby and am looking to lose 30lbs
  • msgremmy
    msgremmy Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm 25... is that early enough? Either way, I'm positively supportive, so feel free to add me :)
  • ctoteh86
    ctoteh86 Posts: 16
    Options
    HEY! I'm 26 w/ 2 kids looking to lose about 50! ADD ME!
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Me =) I'm 20..
    I have one supporter here.. that I can actually hug and talk to.. My boyfriend =) I've got my Mom but my brother has cancer.. so he is her main focus.. I'm dealing with people at work.. half of them are on Weight Watchers, telling me how to eat.. and some are like 'oh, a diet'... 'OH, counting calories'! They make me feel bad about it! Like, we got these new M&M snacks at work.. We were all talking about oh yummy... and I said 'but I can't have any..'. I said it with confidence.. like 'Yeah! Self control!' and he was like 'What?' he just made me feel so bad about it! It isn't some 'diet' I made a lifestyle change.. and no one understands or supports it. SO.... I'd love support too <3=) We all understand what each other is going through.. So
    Add me! =) I'll support you! With NO judging!
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Me too. I'm 25 and looking to lose 10-15 lbs. Mostly people tell me I don't need to lose weight and I have a lot of thin friends who love junk food, eating out, and happy hour. I also get called "crazy" for getting up at 5am to workout...but that is when I have time! Weekends have been my downfall so I'm hoping adding a few of you as friends will start keeping me honest!
  • cleavagefurrow
    cleavagefurrow Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. If I tell any of my coworkers/friends that I'm trying to live a healthier lifestyle, they would try and sabotage my attempts by saying things like, "omg, you don't need to lose weight!" or "have another piece of chocolate, it won't kill you!" Only my boyfriend and my parents know that I'm on MFP and they're supportive. I'm 24. Feel free to add me!
  • scarcelove
    scarcelove Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey I am 21 and looking to loose 40+ lbs. Feel free to add me, I know how it feels to need support!
  • missallenxox
    missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Me =) I'm 20..
    I have one supporter here.. that I can actually hug and talk to.. My boyfriend =) I've got my Mom but my brother has cancer.. so he is her main focus.. I'm dealing with people at work.. half of them are on Weight Watchers, telling me how to eat.. and some are like 'oh, a diet'... 'OH, counting calories'! They make me feel bad about it! Like, we got these new M&M snacks at work.. We were all talking about oh yummy... and I said 'but I can't have any..'. I said it with confidence.. like 'Yeah! Self control!' and he was like 'What?' he just made me feel so bad about it! It isn't some 'diet' I made a lifestyle change.. and no one understands or supports it. SO.... I'd love support too <3=) We all understand what each other is going through.. So
    Add me! =) I'll support you! With NO judging!

omggg lmao. my bestfriend is currently on herbal magic.. she started at 230ish and is now almost down to my weight. shes averaging 4 lbs a week and i lost 4lbs a month... it is sooo discouraging and even i am jealous. she does not exercise and i am exercising everyday mostly. i know she will not keep it off but its so frustrating
  • coombsy87
    coombsy87 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I'm 25, I have a lot to lose!! Am on MFP all the time and love to encourage others and receive well needed motivation! Feel free to add me anyone just send me a little message with request :) x
  • SammiSuzy
    SammiSuzy Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm 22 and I'm looking to lose about 35lbs. It's so hard because most girls my age are not where I am. I have a 2 yr old and am having a lot of trouble losing the baby weight :-/
  • missgabriella22
    Options
    Heyy! I'm 22. I would love to have more supporters and help support others who are around my age! Feel free to add me! :)
  • missallenxox
    missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    wow this is sooo cool i had no idea i would find so many supporters this is great. yes, in "real life" my circle of friends is smaller. my friends are generally not active. one in particular whom i spnd most time with does not leave the couch. i have one friend who is up f or anything and very supportive. she is not available much. i find myself doing everything alone-which is alright but jeez sometimes would be nice to find some people who dont mind sweating a little.

i get told im not fat all the time, but they dont wear my jeans.. infact i dont either. i am living in yoga pants and my friend accidently blurted out how trashy it was. i mean she is right but talk about wake up call hahaha !!!

i hike a lot by myself-not feelin the safest at times but i am determined to get to where im going even if i walk alone. my dog is my number one fitness pal. i cant seem to meet women my age even in fitness classes. its soooo odd to me.
  • queenaaee
    queenaaee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey! im 22 with two kids...this loosing weight thing is hard so yea im here to support as well feel free to add me!!
  • jade1108
    jade1108 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey I am 20, 21 in august and looking to lose 2 stone! feel free to add me :) xx
  • jgeil07
    jgeil07 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 23! I fell off the wagon a few months ago and trying to get back on it! I'm looking to lose about 20 pounds before my wedding in October! I need a kick in the butt!
  • love_pud
    love_pud Posts: 4
    Options
    hey, u guys make me feel so old and im only 31, but its so nice to find that there are ppl out there willing to provide the support to each other.

Magic !!!!

Sarah xxx:glasses: