struggling :S

sean93
sean93 Posts: 109
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
for about 3-4 months now i have been losing weight very well and havent fell off the wagon completely at all, only a treat once or week or something. About 3-4 weeks ago i achieved getting out of the 13stone mark, since this its been a struggle to keep away from it and my weight has been bouncing from 12 stone 11lbs to 13 stone and in between.

so i was wondering if this is something everyone goes through when they come out of a certain stone or bmi mark and they find the pressure harder to keep out of the bigger mark than just not wanting to put 1lb on as this takes you to a whole diferent category-if that makes sense? so i was wondering how yous got over it and if anyone has any tips for me?

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Hi Sean.........I am on my way out, but wanted to post to your questions

First off you are doing a wonderful job of slowly losing the weight for life.

Maybe you can increase you exercise to break out of the plateau? IF you do 30 min run, try for 35 or 40. and so on.

I am much older and my metabolism is slow as mollasses..............but when I was young I could increase by 10 min a day and start losing again.

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Your body is designed to become used to new routines, no matter how healthy you may think they are, nothing ever stays the same.

Change a couple things - either find some fat in your diet to get rid of, or add a 100 cals to your diet every 3 days, or add ten minutes to one of your cardio routines, or add an additional 20 minute cardio session somewhere in your week, or do a HIIT session once a week; keep your body confused and guessing like this, and you will not stall!
This discussion has been closed.