Toning the skin???

candacepainter
candacepainter Posts: 115
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I need to lose about 70 more pounds and I'm worried about loose skin! Any suggestions?:frown:

Replies

• oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    water, exercise and dont fret about our skin.
    except when your daughter plays w/ it, flips it around and stuff. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: that bugs me.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Make sure to eat plenty of healthy fats. They'll help your skin bounce back.

*pokes self in flabby tummy* :grumble: Should follow my own advice!
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Strenth training! And don't try to lose too much too fast, your skin will "bounce" back naturally to a point. If you lose too quickly your skin will not keep up.

I'm a licensed Esthetician, so believe me when I say be wary of products making claims to tighten your skin. Not that they don't work, but they are not permanet solutions.

Get massages as often as you can afford to stimulate lymph drainage and circulation. (And it feels good too!)

Try body wraps....to assist with stimulating elastin and detoxify the skin. Again....not a permanent solution, but it "assists" in the firming of the skin. Body wraps need to be done several times (once a week for 6 weeks) Most people see a noticable difference, but its different for everyone. If a spa claims several inches will be lost on the first visit, don't buy it! Its mostly water that is lost, but it does pull toxins out of the skin and relieve cellulite and stimulate regeneration. Ask for Herbal Linen Wraps or Seaweed/Mud Wraps, they push valuable nutrients into the skins surface and assist with weight loss. Look for salons that use Dermalogica products, They will be very educated in skincare because chances are they recieve training from the International Dermal Institute.

Most importanly allow your body to do things as natural as possible. Your skin is the largest organ on your body. You wouldn't run a marathon the day after you had a heart attack, I hope, lol. Your skin will act as a rubberband, it will go back to where it was as long as it was not stretched too far. You can assist it as much as possible, but there is no quick fix unless you do plastic surgery. If you have any other questions or concerns, if you want info an spa treatments or products...feel free to message me. This is my field and my passion, I am extremely delighted to help!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    I did a body wrap once and it was a hard hour, :ohwell: in a good way though! I know that all my bras never fit the same after :laugh: but I didn't notice any other change. I didn't follow the eating suggestions after so I guested that was why my results weren't great. It is sooo much $$$$, does the wrap cost out weigh the benefit? Or should I give it another try and go more than just once?

:flowerforyou:

228826.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • hollychristine
    The main purpose of the wrap is for detoxification, it only lasts as long as you follow up. When water is released from the skin there is a shrinking effect. But of course the water will return. If you do it regularly, (once per week for 6 weeks is recommended) you will notice longer lasting results becausse it will also make way for fatty pockets and toxins to release thmselves thus changing the tone of the skin. Following up with regular exercize and proper nutrition as well as proper hydration will continue the benefits. And I can't stress enough that everybody responds differently.
    I know they can be expensive, but the cost increases depending on where you go. A destination spa will likely be more costly. Look for MediSpas and Wellness Centers as they will be more about results than a fancy escape.
    Hope that helps
  • cdwinters
    cdwinters Posts: 48 Member
    Should you do the wraps throughout the process of losing weight or just at the end to help tighten up the skin?
  • hollychristine
    Should you do the wraps throughout the process of losing weight or just at the end to help tighten up the skin?

Ideally, I would suggest throughout the entire process. 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off. Honestly thats not always realistic, especially in this economy. Even once per month or every other month would be a good plan for those of us who live on a budget.:happy:
    It won't hurt to continue after you reach your goal weight, since the benefits go far beyond firming the skin. They just feel SOOOOO good!
This discussion has been closed.