Arms?!

Options
I have slightly flabby arms, especially in the tricep area and they make me dread tank tops and strappy dresses. I was wondering what exercises I could do to tone them up that DON'T require weights. Last week, I started doing 15+ tricep dips every morning and evening and I'm trying to increase it weekly.
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Replies

• rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    Push ups will help, vary your hand position. Putting your hands closer together will work them more.
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    It is very basic but my arms were a lot fatter when I started doing this & it really helped me. Put your arms out to the side at shoulder height & rotate them in circles forward & then back.

:)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Why no weights? Dips will only get you so far with bodyweight before you need to increase.

If you have a dumbbell, some other exercises you could do are skull crushers, tri-cep kick backs.
  • debzeeU2
    debzeeU2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells are more effective than a dumbell in my opinion.
  • sophiegrace543
    sophiegrace543 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have no weights and can't afford them! I'm trying to save up but I would like to have an exercise to help me now.
    Some good advice though, thank you!
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    If you want to do kickbacks or extensions but can't buy weights you could try water bottles filled with sand or soup cans. You could also get a resistance band for less than a variety of dumbbells. The first "weights" I used were little water bottles with sand in them, and they worked great for starters.
  • Southernbelle90
    Options
    try using like a book or something heavy- water bottles as your weights.