What's your thinspiration?

Options

Replies

• Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    TO HAVE A CHANCE AT A NORMAL HEALTHY LIFE.. WHATEVER NORMAL IS ANYWAYS. I WANT TO MEET SOMEONE AND HAVE A BABY OR 3 LOL :)
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    One of mine is to feel confident again - particularly naked. Its been a long time since i felt good about my body.

My other thinspiration was watching a UK TV show called Last Chance Chawners. They are labelled Britain's fattest and laziest family. They have an endless list of obesity-related health problems such as diabetes. This series was the third series charting their attempts to lose weight and find a job - at least that was the TV show brief. The producers reckoned without the Chawners who had no intention of losing weight or getting a job but do think they are 'celebrities' because they're on the TV. Together the four of them weigh in at over 90 stone. As people go, these are absolutely diabolical. no friends outside the family, the father goes ballastic if the gils have a boyfriend and threatens to disown them.

The youngest daughter in the family weighs in at the same weight I was (18st 3lb/255lb/255kg) and seeing her on the TV made me determined to lose weight. Seeing the whole dysfunctional family dynamic makes me determined to make changes in my own life. All three series are being repeated on a UK TV channel at the moment and I record it to watch for motivation.

Also, next year I am hosting a big event for my dad and i really want to be able to wear a slinky dress and look good, so that his night will be perfect.

And having just read a brilliant book called the lighter side of large I want to be able to walk into a shop, room or restaurant and not immediately try and scope out a route through where i am not going to be bumping into racks/tables/people

Finally, I turn 30 this year, so I would like to be lighter by then.
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options
    Too make my ex feel like a total piece of *kitten* for telling me I would be miserable without him when I divorced him!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is mine. I want to go to a bar with my husband. I would go get drinks and when he notices a guy checking me out, he would go up to him and say "yeah, I'm hitting that." I saw it on Family Guy and that is my goal.
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    To have kids (and be able to keep up with them)
    To be able to shop without getting SUPER frustrated and depressed ( I love nice clothes and shoes)
    To be able to run a 5k
    To wear a bikini for the first time EVER
    To avoid Diabetes, Hypertension and heart issues which all run in my family
    To prove to myself and others that i can do it
    TO LOOK GOOD NAKED!

(Man I could go on and on!)
  • Mommareed4
    Mommareed4 Posts: 144
    Options
    mostly just to feel healthy, it would be awesome to wear a bikini..never wore one before as i am way to critical of myself..maybe next summer i can wear one comfortably..
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    To be stronger, faster, more agile, a better motorcycle rider.
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I love these... I'm thinking hard...
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Thaink you for poasting this. So glad to sea thet our brother lost thoghs pounds. I here you on skinny jeans. I have a pear too that I need to fit in. Orange you glad we have this sight to help us? Eathier I use the sight and loose weight or I will never fit in my bakini breefs.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    To not become one of the hundreds of overweight slobs that walk about shopping centres in stained, sloppy ill fitting trousers before collecting their benefit money and spending it on McDonald's, only to spill it down their top to match their discoloured trousers

Eurgh
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Thaink you for poasting this. So glad to sea thet our brother lost thoghs pounds. I here you on skinny jeans. I have a pear too that I need to fit in. Orange you glad we have this sight to help us? Eathier I use the sight and loose weight or I will never fit in my bakini breefs.

Omg.....just OMG!
  • NU2U
    Options
    To not become one of the hundreds of overweight slobs that walk about shopping centres in stained, sloppy ill fitting trousers before collecting their benefit money and spending it on McDonald's, only to spill it down their top to match their discoloured trousers

Eurgh
    :noway:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options

Eurgh
    I here you sister. They reely need to do something about those peeple that cant match their close. Maybe they shood cote their benefit money in poison. That will teech them.
  • SVallatini
    SVallatini Posts: 49
    Options
    My inspiration for wanting to maintain what I have is to not ever have to worry about having my engagement and wedding ring not fit. They are both very special to me in ways that can't be explained. I know it may sound corny, but it's one of many things that keep me motivated!
  • NU2U
    Options

Omg.....just OMG!

Lolol..wow, I thought I was bein punk'd. You were just joking. Whew!!
    You got me :laugh:
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    To be able to walk into a story and not worry about if they have plus sizes or not. To wear the cute little outfits I see displayed on the mannequins. Also...other than my mom and her side of the family, my family is relatively thin. I have a brother in the Navy, so he's super fit. My sister does karate, so also in pretty good shape (although she did put on the freshman 15) and then my dad's girlfriend and both of her kids are *really* thin...so I'm tired of being the fat one.
  • Hopelessdemon
    Options
    I want to be able to walk around school without feeling self-concious that everyone else my age is thinner, or fitter. I want to be able to run and have high stamina levels like my best friends- to not get out of breath after a few seconds of exercise.
    I want to be able to wear nice clothes, at the moment all I wear is t-shirts and sweats because my confidence is low and they aren't uncomfortable around the waist. I would love to be able to wear tight jeans with my own clothes, so my style differs from the silly tarts around nowadays.
    My boyfriend says he loves my figure as it is, however my mother's partner is repulsed by her now she's gaining weight. Some of my family are overweight and so are their kids, I feel really guilty, but I am generally repulsed by my fat 9 year old cousin. Him and my uncle are proud of their guts and go around without caring about their appearance or demeanour. Not to mention I NEED to prove I'm not just copying people and trying to seek attention. I'm not going to become anorexic, I'm just a young girl trying to find myself; I know when to stop. I desire fitness, not ribs and protruding hipbones.
    Also, it sounds ridiculous, but if I get my dream body, I know I can pass my exams if I try too :)
    So I guess it's a mix of for my health, confidence, social life and style. whatever, point is I want a flat stomach, strong core and the ability to not stuff my face when greeted with chocolate.
    Peace out.
  • bradymeans
    bradymeans Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    To look good in my clothes and even better without them on!!:blushing:
  • cutertwin
    cutertwin Posts: 10
    Options
    To make myself wanna feel myself up
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options