My number one dieting tip- what is yours?

Options

Replies

• emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    that its not a DIET tis a lifestyle change :)

^^^ THIS!

Agreed! This is the one's that stole my answer! =p
  • giuliajustdoit
    Options
    My first tip is: appreciate (and eat) every homegrown vegetable and fruit that comes from your garden and/or field (if you have it/them).
    My second tip is: learn to cook healthy but tasty meals and snacks! So you know those are good for you! You prepared them!!! :D
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Be honest about what you're consuming. That means weigh and measure your portions accurately, and log every bite you eat.
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    I always eat something healthy (like strawberries) along with something "indulgent" (like a few pieces of good chocolate) before going out to shop for food. It keeps me on track, and makes sure I stay as far away from the "bad" aisles in the grocery store :) I also always write up my grocery lists and weekly menus after I've eaten, so I'm not tempted to add something fatty or sugary.
  • Epernini0703
    Epernini0703 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I absolutely agree with you :) great inspiration
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Read this somewhere:

"Eat food, mostly plants, not to much"
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    Forget the snacks! Eat 3 filling meals a day. (this advice works best with binge eaters and food addicts like myself) It is the only way I can lose weight and not lose control.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    that its not a DIET tis a lifestyle change :)

This!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Number one dieting tip - EXERCISE!!

You can lose without it, but you'll look better, feel better and be healthier if you include it. And you get to eat more and still lose at the same rate, so win-win.
  • ssp1977
    ssp1977 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This works for me:

Stop eating when you are no longer hungry, rather than eating until you are FULL. A subtle but important difference.

(it was hard at first, now it feels normal)
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself. Give into a craving.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    candy is not a four letter word
  • discodiva22
    Options
    Eat little and often and always have snacks handy! I have my personal favourites!
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My number one tip would be try not to think of it as a temporary diet and instead think about it as a healthy lifestyle change

^^This...no food is banned...just learn to balance things out...work out a little more...nothing is off limits!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    "I lose more weight when I stay in a 1200-1500 calorie range than I do if I stay around 1000 or under."

I keep hearing that, but I don't understand!

If you eat too little you will probably lose more at first, but you also run the risk of giving up or binging because you are too hungry. Over time your metabolism could slow and you will lose at a slower rate. Food is fuel for your body and if you want it to perform well you have to give it enough fuel. Not so much that it has excess that it stores as fat, but enough so that you are not tired or hungry but still have a deficit.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Drink a huge glass of water if you feel like you want food, but your stomach isn't growling. In all likelihood, you're not hungry.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    stay hydrated... with WATER
  • MandaKayMakesIt
    Options
    WATER! Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. I replaced all my drinks (save almond milk, green tea, and coffee) with water.

I (and a lot of others) do a gallon of water a day. Have a big glass first thing when you wake up. You start the day out right, get your metabolism going right away, and it actually does wake you up some.
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Do not give up.
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If you don't buy it, you won't eat it:
    Clear out the junk from your fridge and cupboards and fill them with good healthy options and variety. If you do have a craving, chances are you'll grab something that's available...