The Difference Between 155 and 145 (Progress Pics So Far)

Options
gaelyngaelyn
gaelyngaelyn Posts: 86 Member
I've been frustrated lately. I generally lose motivation once I get into the 140's- and the last few weeks I've bounced around from 143 to 147 to back to 145.... BUT- I pulled up these photos today (I'm terrified to share these btw) to remind myself that the difference I see (and most importantly, the difference I FEEL) after 10lbs down is worth getting re-amped up to get the next 10 DONE. It's not a HUGE transformation in comparison to the incredible success stories I've seen on MFP but, although the results aren't crazy noticeable, it's the first time in my life I've lost in a completely healthy way. ... and I am begging to feel like my athletic self again. I've been trying to focus on other goals alongside the scale and just recently ran 5K for the first time at a 6mph pace. I've found a new love for running but have been incorporating some basic weight training a few days a week also, as I don't JUST want success on the scale but want to improve my body fat percentage/overall athleticism as well. :)

I planned to take pics every 10 lbs. At 155, 145, 135 and finally 125. It's taking me much longer to get to those 135 pics than it did to get to 145 but I am going to get there. I would LOVE to see the difference between my 155 pics and the ones I'll take at 135 side by side! So here goes....

Oh! And also- please forgive the dirty mirror and my little boys LAUNDRY everywhere! :P

155 Front
f801y.jpg

145 Front
apcnmd.jpg

155 Profile
otq892.jpg

145 Profile
24v7dyc.jpg

Replies

• jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! Keep up the good work; I can see the difference-I'd like to where you are (weight wise)!
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You can really see a difference!! =)
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Keep up the hard work!
  • stormysky1
    stormysky1 Posts: 9
    Options
    You can definitely see the difference- you are looking great!!! Way to go!!!

And the even bigger accomplishment of "getting back to your athletic self", I know that has to feel great. Awesome on the 5K!!
  • gaelyngaelyn
    Options
    Thank you all SO MUCH! :) (I cant believe I just put a bare tummy/sports bra photo of myself up on the INTERNET!!!) haha. :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I noticed that in those 10lbs you got a little better at cleaning your room

LOL sorry
    You really do look great, the change is noticeable
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Oh My gosh...I love it...Congrats...
  • gaelyngaelyn
    Options
    Just a little bit better! LOL! My son is a slob! (yes I did just blame it on the 9 year old)...but in truth... it's also because I hate laundry! Maybe by the 125 pics the room will be spotless!! Ha. I wouldn't bet a cookie on it or anything though... :P
  • amandab1669
    amandab1669 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congrats your doing great. I can't wait until I get comfortable enough to even take a picture.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Great work! Keep it up, you'll get there!
  • diddyh
    diddyh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep it up!
  • gaelyngaelyn
    Options
    PS- I'm 5''7 for those who were wondering! :smile:
  • axannamorgan
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • cmayfield3
    cmayfield3 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That's an impressive difference, you're looking great! How tall are you, please? (Our weight stats are similar) EDIT: Ahhh I see you just posted it. We are so similar, all of my stats are about 5 pounds more than yours but I'm an inch taller.
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    awesome transformation! when you dont have as much weight to lose - its def not as easy to "'see' the results right away but you look AWESOME! congratulations
  • bradymeans
    bradymeans Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    you look really good, im jealous :tongue:
  • gaelyngaelyn
    Options
    awesome transformation! when you dont have as much weight to lose - its def not as easy to "'see' the results right away but you look AWESOME! congratulations

Thank you! I feel like I can see it on my upper body SO much faster... but my butt and thighs take longer! Im doing SO SO many lunges and squats to work on it but it alllll comes down to body fat percentage right? :)
  • gaelyngaelyn
    Options
    That's an impressive difference, you're looking great! How tall are you, please? (Our weight stats are similar) EDIT: Ahhh I see you just posted it. We are so similar, all of my stats are about 5 pounds more than yours but I'm an inch taller.

Thanks! At our height I feel like the 140s are much more "comfortable"...I'm definitely WAY happier with my body... so, it's not necessarily ACTUALLY any harder to get from here to the 130s as the last 10lbs were, but it's just harder to stay motivated to! Like in the 150s it felt more "necessary" where as now I don't feel like I NEED to lose... so I don't stay as focused! Does that make any sense at all? lol
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    It can be done, keep taking photos and keep your eye on the goal! I started at 165-166 and down almost 31 now.
  • time2shine29
    time2shine29 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! You can see the difference!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!