Newbie!

Options
Hello all! I'm new to myfitnesspal and love it. I am on my journey to permanent weight loss by counting calories (1200 to 1500 per day). From 6/2009 to 7/2009, I lost 15 lbs. with power walking 1 mile per day for 5 days as well as 1 hour of Zumba (it's AMAZING!!) 1 day a week. I had lost 16 lbs. in 2 months doing Weight Watchers from 9/2008 until early 11/2008. Weight Watchers is a good program, but it wasn't for me. I'm more inclined to count calories much easier than the points. And, by doing it on my own, I get out and exercise more. I'm reclaiming my life, being heart-healthy, and building back my muscle and lungs. I haven't felt this good in 6 years and it's only going to get better! And all this is done through God. I praise His name daily because He is so good!! :happy:

Replies

• jigs
    jigs Posts: 70
    Options
    Welcome! Good for you for losing weight, watching calories, and exercising. And, it's free!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: