Does anyone else have a sassy mouth?

Options
2»

Replies

• manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Out of control moth is the last thing you want.

c4859a14.jpg

lolololol.gif
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That is how I was raised too.... I end up fine
    However let the record show that I do not advocate child abuse and that the line between a slap and a beating is thin....

I'm a sassy mouth. Really badly. My parents used to just slap me in the mouth when I sassed them. I still, to this day, do not sass back to my parents. My parents didn't take me disrespecting them, and now I could never imagine blatantly being disrespectful/****ty to them. Ever.

See, it works lol.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I notice a lot of parents merely 'nag' their kids with empty threats of punishment, or poorly timed punishment.

Like Cris said, immediate, swift, just consequences are only part of the solution for respect from children. Too many parents want to be their kid's buddies.

OP - I hope you find an solution for you child.
  • GeminiFairy89
    GeminiFairy89 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Maybe there is something goin on in her personal life and having an attitude is her way of flagging that out. You should sit down with her
  • Lampy00512
    Lampy00512 Posts: 117
    Options
    I used to be a sassy mouth for a while, as a kid. My mama made me literally pull down my pants and whooped my *kitten* with a thick wooden stick thingy, then put me in the corner, and also had to go through counselling. Now, today, I'm very polite/well-mannered and have an amazing relationship with her!
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I remember smarting off to my mom..ONE TIME. I was 14. My mother use to punish us for smartin off, by taking the tip of our tongue..and PINCHING it. I know, horrible!!

I was never on the receiving end of this abuse..I was the one who watched..and teased afterwards. One day, I was fighting with my older sister..and my mom decides to punish us both. She got my sister first...then she came at me..with those same two wet *kitten* fingers..had my sister's spit on em. I was like "I don't think so!".....and I stuck my tongue out and pinched it MYSELF!! As I turned to walk away..I mumbled "ole evil behind!" Under my breath.......she apparently heard. Because before I could take another step, I felt a thud upside the back of my head..and a "Swoosh" sound. I turned around just intime to see her flip flop fall from my head to the floor.

My daughter...now 13...apparently inherited my smart mouth. I don't throw shoes at her head tho.........I take away her phone, ipod, and computer. So much more efficient!!!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I teach 12-14 year olds every day and this seems pretty typical to me. If they talk that way to me (and they do) I'm certain they're worse with their parents. I remember the things I said to my mom at that age and I cringe. But my mom DID slap my face a few times for it! Deservedly so, in my opinion.

I know it doesn't help you to hear "it's just how teenagers are" but...it's just how teenagers are. Unfortunately. :ohwell:

My daughter has made mouthy comments to me.

Twice.

That was the resolution.

And understand...my daughter and I love each other dearly...for over 13 of her 14yrs, I've been her only parent. That fact...combined with the abrupt shock of my immediate and unflinching response to her attempts at serious attitude, ended it.

My granny would use the back of a comb and smack me upside the head if I sassed her (not too hard, but effective.) Southern women don't play. :laugh:

You know, I still stand by the fact that other than the one major difference in opinion we've had, we'd get along wonderfully lol.

Also, I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet...but I know it will. We're going to get a whole group of 'OMG you BEAT your children?!?!' people in here, and the post will be locked.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I got beat with a belt when I deserved it and I'm a better person for it today.

A little well-placed discipline goes a long way.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    My 13 year old son has a potty mouth, his father told him he can curse as long as it's not in front of me or his Grandmother. I have a potty mouth, but I don't swear in front of my kids.
  • msradio
    msradio Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My 12yo is the same way...her favorite phrase is "LeeMeeeLone!" or Leave me alone in regular speak...ugh!

I make her write bible verses about respecting your elders....and we have long talks about it afterwards. I wan't her to understand WHY her methods of rebelling are not working and what she can do to express herself in a more positive way.

She usually apologizes and this works for a few days (or hours) then Repeat the above!
    ,Def sum great advice out here I like the fact you make her write the bible verses I just told my daugter we will be in church next Sunday becuz it's going to take JESUS to get us back on track!
  • msradio
    msradio Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It is not because "it's how the teenagers acts" that you should just give in....
    Patience, it will pass hopefully but she needs to still know where the limits are even if she rolls her eyes.... just let her roll the eyes and you be the parent.... hold your ground, they are testing any weakness....
    You should wonder how she is around other parents....
    tHE CRAZY THING IS SHE DOES NOT DO THIS TO EVERYONE! bUT BEST BELIEVE WE WILL HAVE A LONG SIT DOWN BECUZ SUMTHIN HAS TO CHANGE AND SOON!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I was.

My mom broke a lot of wooden spoons over my *kitten*
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Honestly, keep doing what you're doing. Most teenagers are mouthy little brats - I know I was.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I was a horrible teenager! My mom lost her temper quite a bit with me, to the point of my brother pulling her off of me. We are very close...now. Almost like best friends, she still drives me crazy sometimes. But I was also blessed/cursed with 4 GIRLS!! One of which acts exactly like I did as a teen, and she's only 6! Good luck, I pray for us both! :laugh:
  • Indolent
    Indolent Posts: 12
    Options
    Just use a very big stick to beat her with. It may not cure her potty mouth but you'll get tremendous pleasure from doing it.