Used to be overweight with tattoos?

Options
Quiing
Quiing Posts: 261 Member
I have a question for those who used to be overweight with tattoos. Did your tattoos disfigure or change colors when you lost the weight?

I'm going to get a tattoo for my birthday and I'm unsure of where to get it because I wouldn't want it to look wrinkly and stretched out once I (finally) drop 100 pounds.

Please advise!

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I have a question for those who used to be overweight with tattoos. Did your tattoos disfigure or change colors when you lost the weight?

I'm going to get a tattoo for my birthday and I'm unsure of where to get it because I wouldn't want it to look wrinkly and stretched out once I (finally) drop 100 pounds.

Please advise!

A friend got a butterfly tat on her hip prior to getting pregnant. She gained a lot, lost a lot, gained again. That thing is an unrecognizable Rorschach test now.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I'd go with somewhere like the wrist or the ankle just to be safe.
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My tattoo artist told me if I lose it slowly it'll be fine. And so far mine look exactly the same.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    my tattoos look the same .....
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    It is all going to depend on where you get it, and how big it is...i have two; one on my low back and one on my foot, neither looks disfigured and im down 50lbs. stay away from stomach and arms as I would think those would change a lot with pounds lost and gained.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I have plenty of tattoos but have only lost about 25 lbs and don't plan to loose much more, but I would assume major weight loss would effect your tattoo. My guess is legs or arms would not make a huge difference but I am not sure. I would wait if I where you, a tattoo isn't gonna go anywhere make sure you do it right! Id make your reward for loosing all that weight to get that tattoo, plus once you get one you WILL want more and its not worth the expence to have stratched out tattoos.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I'd wait and do it as a weight loss present. This way, you will be sure to not waste your money:heart:
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have tattoos on my back and leg, thankfully.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    40lbs down and I've lost it slowly. All mine are peachy!
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Depends on where you get it. I wouldn't recommend getting it on your belly, hips, upper arms or thigh. Anywhere else I think it should be ok.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    It will look less distorted if you get it somewhere that doesn't change much with weight, like your upper back, foot, ankle, wrist, etc.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I'd wait and do it as a weight loss present. This way, you will be sure to not waste your money :heart:

^^ This sounds like a good idea. Or I would get it on my wrist or ankle.

(P.S don't have any tattoos of my own.)
  • axannamorgan
    Options
    This is why I got mine on my wrists and upper back... anywhere you can gain substantial amounts of weight is not a good place to get a tattoo...
  • bellina1
    bellina1 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'd wait and do it as a weight loss present. This way, you will be sure to not waste your money:heart:

^^This^^

Use the tattoo as motivation to lose the weight, that way you know it will look great no matter what and it will be a reminder of what you have achieved (and an incentive to keep the weight off once it is gone!)!
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have tattoos and mine have not changed in appearance. However, I have lost weight slowly.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    i knew a girl who had a Playboy bunny tattoo on her hip/abdomen area. She had 2 kids and it turned into a distorted butterfly looking thing. So when she had a tummy tuck, she asked them to remove the tattoo too.

I would wait for the ink and get it as a weight loss present.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have them pretty much all over (including my stomach). They all look the same.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Just don't do anything crazy to make you lose weight at a quick rate. Tattoo disfiguration happens when you lose weight too quick and your skin doesn't have a chance to keep up.
  • DavidOfOz
    DavidOfOz Posts: 225
    Options
    I didnt think the ink in tattoos weighed that much!!
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    why not wait until you lose the weight you want to lose and get the tattoo as a reward