Quinoa- Where to buy?

Options
I live in Florida and can't find Quinoa. I have to shop at Publix or Walmart as there are no other grocery stores around. So where do you buy Quinoa? (I have found one kind in Publix that's it). Thanks!

Replies

• Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You could always get it at Amazon.com

And if you have other grocery needs that you can't find locally, it might be worth an Amazon prime subscription, I think it's $80/year for free 2-day shipping. There are some exceptions, not 100 percent of Amazon qualifies for the free shipping, but I've never had a problem finding an Amazon grocery vendor that qualifies.

Edit I should add, to answer your question, I live near a Seventh Day Adventist University, and they are health nut vegetarians (I mean that in a positive way hehe) so I have access to health food stores with quinoa and other grains you never heard of in bulk bins. Pretty rad.
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU! I have Amazon Prime. Great idea!
  • vegansassy
    vegansassy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The walmarts in my area carry gluten free foods and quinoa is gluten free. I would find the gluten free section in your walmart, because they should have it in that section. Mine does at least. Quinoa is pretty good tasting for what it is, but if you have never had it it kinda has a nutty taste. I suggest cooking it in a broth for flavor. My walmart near me carries it. Good Luck in your search.
  • missprincessjenny
    missprincessjenny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Do you have a bulk food store? That's where I get mine.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I buy mine at costco!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    supermarket
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I often buy it at Walmart - it is near the rice and dry beans.
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I found it at Walmart
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I live in Florida as well and the only place I could find mine was in Whole Foods. I've also seen it in Fresh Market. If you don't have a Whole Foods (or Fresh Market) near you, try a generic health food store. One of those three should have it.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any grocery store has it.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Does your grocery have a health food section? That's where it's at at Kroger, although I'm not sure why. I like the idea of getting it on line though. I am gluten free and I have found that most of those bulk type foods and "specialty items" are a lot cheaper that way. vitacost.com is a good website, but they usually come up through Amazon.
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Walmart has it. Top shelf in the rice aisle
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Walmart has it. Top shelf in the rice aisle

Yep. I was surprised to find it there, and it was almost $2 less than Kroger.
  • Agrojesa
    Agrojesa Posts: 1
    Options
    I am a producer of quinoa in Peru, I want to sell this product in USA. if anyone is interested please write to email: agrojesa@gmail.com