how can u make partying good?

karissastephens
karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
HA! I know its a ridicualous question but I love to be social and all that good stuff. sooo I usually stay up late..maybe 2-3am everynight. I drink sometimes too. How can i prevent gaining weight over time?

Should I save my calories for night time?

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Well sleep is an important part of weight loss buuuut college life is also important :happy: If you are just maintaining than not as much of a big deal..... I would just try to avoid the snacking when you drink. If your going to drink then drink but don't eat on top of it, it would be ok to have a later dinner since you are staying up so late. Unfortunately, if you trying to loose weight than you probably should quit the drinking for the most part especially in large amounts. Don't be too strict on yourself, you can always work out some more to help make up for it, good luck!

~Leash :heart:
  • i am so in the same boat! I try not to snack when i go out. are you 21 yet? well if you are, don't eat bar food after you get a buzz! I used to always order nachos or fries etc when i was at the bar. also, try to drink things that don't have so many calories. i like grey goose vodka and soda (don't do tonic, tons of calories and sugar) with a couple limes or rum and diet... those are my two staples. If you are making drinks at home, just choose mixers that are diet or sugar free. also, organic wine is delicious! hope this helps!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    try to drink lower cal drinks if that is an option, and i would save the cals for night, maybe have your dinner when you party or something. i know its not a good option to eat late, but whatevs, we all go through that stage, im still there:tongue:
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Make every other drink a lo-cal "virgin" - club soda or diet tonic with a twist, and definitely eat but opt for a healthy meal before the party or healthy snacks.
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    I wouldn't save calories for drinking. A splurge here and there is ok, but you need your nutrition first and foremost. Besides drinking on an empty stomach is not a good idea. Opt for lite drinks if you are going to drink.
    And I hate to sound all old and stuff, (I'm freshly 30 and long time partier) but staying up till 3am and drinking isn't good for anyone on a regular basis. If its a weekend thing, then don't worry about it. Grab your drink and hit the dance floor. But the rest of the week you should be taking care by getting proper rest and nutrition.
    I believe in having a good time, but its not easy to balance a good party with a proper diet. Its one or the other. I'd rather use my slpurge at the club with some good quality liquor rather than couning calories in light beer and watching the clock so I get my whole 8 hours. So I do, I just limit it to once per week or every other week. And you can still burn calories on the dance floor!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    You're not even old enough to drink. :wink:

Anyway...drink skinny B*tch drinks. Like vodka, water and lemon. They take a really long time to drink because they're usually stronger.

She's in college.....she's gonna be out late and partying. It's just what you do.

Know your limits. Keep up your exercise. Don't eat out so much. :drinker:

Enjoy your metabolism now because for me....when I hit 26-ish it started slowing waaaaaaay down. :noway:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    haha. ITS COLLEGE thats for sure! :tongue:

THanks everyone :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.