30 Day Shred Calories?

Options
I see a lot of members doing JM 30 day shred. Do you record it as circuit training? I plan on starting the program tomorrow, but I'm worried that the video is only 20 minutes. Is that enough exercise?

Replies

• lmbigsby
    lmbigsby Posts: 36
    Options
    I set up each level (1, 2 &3) individually under Cardio. I wear a HRM while I do the video and usually burn between 250-400 calories. Believe me, yes it is enough. I am just finishing up and haven't lost weight but I have lost inches and gained a ton of muscle. I couldn't do pushups to save my life and now can do 10 walking pushups. Good luck to you.
  • chicfreak9
    chicfreak9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have the 30 DS with kettlebell. I put it down as general aerobic at 28 minutes.I use a HRM to record my calories burned and it estimates at 238 kcal. I have been using it since Friday and I can feel a difference (IM SORE AS F!!) :happy:
  • rwisner
    rwisner Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I log it as high impact aerobic exercise because circuit training, I believe is more calories than what you're really burning. The program is really supposed to be all of the exercise you need on a daily basis but I'm afraid its not enough for my body! So i either do level 1 and 2, back to back or the level that I am on with 30 minutes of elliptical in addition. Hope this helps.
  • rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I initially logged it as circuit, but then found an equation online that equated to me over logging calories. My heart rate monitor needs a new battery, so today I took my pulse 3 times during the work out, and plugged the average into a calculator for calories burned. That's how I found out that I was then under logging. I only burn 191 calories in the 20 minute level one.

Here's a link to the calculator I used:
    http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I initially logged it as circuit, but then found an equation online that equated to me over logging calories. My heart rate monitor needs a new battery, so today I took my pulse 3 times during the work out, and plugged the average into a calculator for calories burned. That's how I found out that I was then under logging. I only burn 191 calories in the 20 minute level one.

Here's a link to the calculator I used:
    http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx

Thank you for the link!! I logged it as circuit training yesterday, but thought it was a little high to be accurate. Curious as to what it will turn out to be tonight.
  • vrutwind
    vrutwind Posts: 25
    Options
    I log it as circuit training but once I got a HRM I now enter the calories manually. Turns out I only burn about 180 cals per workout which is kind of disappointing. MFP had been estimating closer to 220 for me.