My booty.......

Am I the only one that has lost weight and still have the thick thighs and big booty? It's kind of annoying. I mean I guess I'm blessed in some ways but just figured it would go away...just a little! I run 3-4 days a week and I do tons of squats and lunges. I tried the BBL but I don't know if it's all in my head or not but it seemed to make my butt bigger...WTH

Advice on how to make my thighs smaller?

Replies

• Meikmeika
    Meikmeika Posts: 108 Member
    I so wish I had your problem.... If we can figure out some way to take some from you and give to me we'd be set!!!!

Good luck on your endeavor! And great job on your weight loss!!!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    I do not have any specific advice other that you cannot really spot reduce, the more weight you lose the more it will start to come off everywhere.

I have a very large booty and thighs. They seem to like sticking around. Good thing my husband is an *kitten* man and not a boob man lol

The only thing I can say that's a positive is that people who carry their weight around their hips rather than their stomach have a lower risk of heart disease and diabetes. There are some interesting articles on it. So remember to think of the positive aspects :)
  • csndrsn
    csndrsn Posts: 12
    Well, it all depends on your body type. Having thick thighs and a big butt is not necessarily a bad thing. Even at 115 lbs, my thighs were always thicker and my butt was thick as well. However, these were nice assets in my opinion, and apparently in a lot of men's opinions as well. As long as you're healthy, it's all good. Just embrace who you are. :-)
  • skoshness
    skoshness Posts: 175
    that's healthier for the heart tho isn't it? my fat's all round my middle, not very healthy really
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Thanks for the health info! I actually didn't even know that!
  • sydneywb86
    sydneywb86 Posts: 36 Member
    Well, great to know I'm not the only one with this problem. I haven't lost much (yet) but of the weight I've lost, it seems its all in my belly. Clothes fall off my stomach but yet some pants are skin tight on my thighs. Squats, lunges and running haven't helped reduce mine either. What's a girl to do?
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    bump
  • My boobs are totally gone, but the butt and the thighs stuck around. It could be worse, though! Lots of people like some big booties.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,173 Member
    With me, its genetic. My mom had big hips and butt and so did my sister. When I lose weight they DO shrink a bit, but I will never be totally rid of them. And, as was mentioned, I would rather have those than the darn belly fat. I used to have an hour glass figure....I want that back as much as my age and body will allow. :)
  • kittycraft
    kittycraft Posts: 17
    I've been thirty pounds more than my current weight and forty pounds less, but my pants size has never changed. I've been a size 14 since sixth grade. I'm hoping that this time, my body composition has magically changed and that my legs will lose weight a bit faster this time, but eh... I'm fairly certain it's genetic. My mother and grandma have hips and thighs like crazy.
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    My boobs are totally gone, but the butt and the thighs stuck around. It could be worse, though! Lots of people like some big booties.

same here girl... darnit I want my boobs back LMAO
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    My butt and thighs don't go anywhere either but they look better naked.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    You're not alone. I fill out my jeans. I have to wear the relaxed fit style pants, because my thighs are so big. I've been called everything from 'thunder thighs' to 'tree trunk trunks'. If you find some way to even it out, be sure to let me know.
  • HYBRIDXXX
    HYBRIDXXX Posts: 86
    HELLO IOSHODE WELL I GUESS I WILL TELL U 1 SUREFIRE WAY 2 SHRINK UR THIGHS.
    TAKE A CALCIUM SUPPLEMENT CALLED CALCIUM PYRUVATE, TAKE 1000MG B4 MEALS + A MEAT SUBSTITUTE LIKE EGGS ,TOFU, BOCA BURGERS( U CAN PURCHASE EM FROM DA FROZEN SECTION OF DA GROCERY STORE)
    NO BEEF, PORK OR ANY KIND OF OTHER MEAT UNLESS ITZ A MEAT SUBSTITUTE. DO THIS FOR 7 DAYZ & ITZ FAIRLY EASY
    BUT I WILL ASSURE U DAT UR THIGHS WILL SHRINK. STAY COMMITTED & DNT GIVE UP. ITZ ONLY FA 7 DAYZ. I GOT DAT FROM A SHOW ON DR. OZ. ITZ PROVEN 2 WORK. GIVE IT A SHOT. SEN ME A FRIEND REQUEST IF U LIKE!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    ^ sorry but that's BS. there's no food you can eat that's going to suck away fat from one particular part of your body or any part of your body for that matter..i know plenty of vegetarians with larger thighs and butt, so how come that doesnt work for them?

anywho, if you're pear shaped then that's you're going to lose fat on your lower body slower than you upper body. just keep doing what you've been doing and the will eventually see some changes in your lower body. are you also keeping track of your measurements?
  • LenaMena87
    My butt and thighs don't go anywhere either but they look better naked.

I had to laugh!:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Am I the only one that has lost weight and still have the thick thighs and big booty? It's kind of annoying. I mean I guess I'm blessed in some ways but just figured it would go away...just a little! I run 3-4 days a week and I do tons of squats and lunges. I tried the BBL but I don't know if it's all in my head or not but it seemed to make my butt bigger...WTH

Running in school made my thighs bigger, and them and my stomach are the last things I lose. Try jillian michael's killer buns and thighs, I lost 2inches from each thigh from it
  • Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    You can't spot reduce. All you can do is keep losing fat and eventually those areas will slim down too.
  • LenaMena87

Running in school made my thighs bigger, and them and my stomach are the last things I lose. Try jillian michael's killer buns and thighs, I lost 2inches from each thigh from it

Thank you! Maybe that's my problem...I was on track team and a cheerleader in high school...but I still continue to run, 8 years later!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    HELLO IOSHODE WELL I GUESS I WILL TELL U 1 SUREFIRE WAY 2 SHRINK UR THIGHS.
    TAKE A CALCIUM SUPPLEMENT CALLED CALCIUM PYRUVATE, TAKE 1000MG B4 MEALS + A MEAT SUBSTITUTE LIKE EGGS ,TOFU, BOCA BURGERS( U CAN PURCHASE EM FROM DA FROZEN SECTION OF DA GROCERY STORE)
    NO BEEF, PORK OR ANY KIND OF OTHER MEAT UNLESS ITZ A MEAT SUBSTITUTE. DO THIS FOR 7 DAYZ & ITZ FAIRLY EASY
    BUT I WILL ASSURE U DAT UR THIGHS WILL SHRINK. STAY COMMITTED & DNT GIVE UP. ITZ ONLY FA 7 DAYZ. I GOT DAT FROM A SHOW ON DR. OZ. ITZ PROVEN 2 WORK. GIVE IT A SHOT. SEN ME A FRIEND REQUEST IF U LIKE!

Dr oz??? OMG don't believe ANYTHING that came from Dr. Oz........ And while you're at it pick up a book on how to type in english........