Please be gentle... or I might cry. Again.

Options

Replies

• jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Great work! Can totally see the changes!

I believe in modesty too, but also think context and culture is important....there are cultures in different parts of the world where showing your ankles is scandelous. In America in this day and age, certain clothing is culturally acceptable, but as in every culture, there are certain ways of dressing that make it provacative and should be avoided by those that are modest. Everyone has to find these limits out according to their own culture (unless they are traveling, and then they should probably dress according to the travel site's culture if possible) and dress accordingly. Also lets not forget that context is important...as I said in a different post, you don't wear a swimsuit to a wedding! I may find it appropriate to wear shorts on a play date with my nephews, but would never DREAM of wearing them to work....Certain things are appropriate in certain cicrumstances, and it takes a wise person to dress "appropriately" in all aspects at all times.

Either way, just my musings. :smile: I think you are doing well to move towards more "modern" dress, but still maintaining your modesty. And what a lovely dress that is!

Keep up the good work and good work on stepping out of your comfort zone for your man!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You look great, congrats to you on your weight loss!!
  • Monkee8088
    Monkee8088 Posts: 143
    Options
    i think you look amazing and you would look just as beautiful in anything you choose to wear. absolutley gorgeous!!
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! I hope I look half that good when I hit 178! (My goal is 176)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    You look really amazing!

Congratulations!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Great work! Can totally see the changes!

I believe in modesty too, but also think context and culture is important....there are cultures in different parts of the world where showing your ankles is scandelous. In America in this day and age, certain clothing is culturally acceptable, but as in every culture, there are certain ways of dressing that make it provacative and should be avoided by those that are modest. Everyone has to find these limits out according to their own culture (unless they are traveling, and then they should probably dress according to the travel site's culture if possible) and dress accordingly. Also lets not forget that context is important...as I said in a different post, you don't wear a swimsuit to a wedding! I may find it appropriate to wear shorts on a play date with my nephews, but would never DREAM of wearing them to work....Certain things are appropriate in certain cicrumstances, and it takes a wise person to dress "appropriately" in all aspects at all times.

Either way, just my musings. :smile: I think you are doing well to move towards more "modern" dress, but still maintaining your modesty. And what a lovely dress that is!

Keep up the good work and good work on stepping out of your comfort zone for your man!

Part of the modesty is that we belong to a community where long skirts, long sleeves, covered hair IS normal :-)
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    You look great my friend..keep it up :heart:
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I think you look beautiful and how you dress should be up to you. The old way you dressed wasnt bad but you were over powered by your clothes. I like the way you shine thru and your beautiful smile in the new dress!!
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • bewitchinglife
    bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • jesterx888
    jesterx888 Posts: 181
    Options
    Wow, huge difference. Nice job
  • lunatiksgirl
    Options
    Just to say...

You look great.

BUT

You can be modestly dressed and still be modern and fashionable.

I personally think it's SOOO refreshing to see a woman proud with herself she is being modest and not dressing like...yeah.

Anyways, I say go with your own belief in your choice of dress. Make compromises on the fashionable modern side if he has a major issue with hijab type modesty, but don't change your spirit unless you feel it inside. :)
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You look freakin amazing..go diva keep up the good work
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Your schoolers look amazing in the dress :) not to mention the rest of you !
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Your shoulders look really defined! Great job and the dress is really pretty:-) Great job!
  • connollyda
    connollyda Posts: 23
    Options
    You look great!! I can see why your husband wants to show you off :)

p.s. i LOVE that black dress!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You look lovely and 10-years younger! :drinker:
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    LOVE the black dress!!!! Gurl.... you need burn the long skirts, hair coverings, etc..... enjoy the summer in shorts, tank tops and keep doin' what you're doing! You look great!!
  • MelHoneyRocks
    MelHoneyRocks Posts: 223
    Options
    YOU ARE ROCKING THAT BLACK DRESS!! Nice work!! Your husband must be so proud of you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!