thinking of changing scales...need advice!

Options
since i started this journey in january, i have used my wii fit as my scale because i don't have any other one. i have considered getting a digital one that measures water percentage, body fat, etc to be more accurate. the problem is, if i switch scales and the weight is different from my wii, what do i do? i know the weight i have lost so far is real, but the actual weight i am may be different between the 2 scales. how would i enter that in here and not mess up everything i've already logged and counted as weight lost? i want the number of pounds lost to remain the same. would i have to go back to each individual weight and add/subtract the difference between the 2 scales? seems like alot of work, but if that is the only way to do it then i guess i'd have to. thoughts/suggestions/advise/anything!?!?

Replies

• mfoster1019
    mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    no one??
  • piercedee
    piercedee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bump! I have the same question
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Just do it. You may have to adjust to a new number on the scales but at the end of the day, it's just a number. It's not going to change the way you look or feel or the progress you have made.

If you're so hung up on the number I guess once you change over to the other scales you can check what the difference is between the two. You could just change your starting point and most reccent weight (either + or - depending on the scale difference) that way your total weight loss will remain the same (the first and last weight losses might be out a little though)
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely switch, and I'd recommend the Health-O-Meter digital scale. I got one last year and love it. It matches the hospital's scale, my doctor's scale, AND my gym's scale. You can set 4 different profiles, with different heights, etc. It does my body fat and all that.

Not to be a downer, but the wii fit boards are not very accurate. Weigh yourself on a digital scale and input that weight, even if it does reflect more of a loss! You've earned it and could be getting jipped out of it.
  • stm17
    stm17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use the Withings Wifi scale - it measures Weight, Fat and BMI and automatically syncs to MFP. It works well for me and syncs almost immediately. You do need WIFI in your house to get it to sync with MFP. If you do not have WIFI, it probably is not worth the extra money. As far as the weight being different between a new scale and the WII Fit . . .wouldn't it just be a one time adjustment? The biggest thing, IMHO, is the differential from day to day or week to week. I would think that should be the same regardless of the scale.