Options
Venturin
Venturin Posts: 244 Member
I love this cuz it's so tasty and so easy;

Fresh Brussels Sprouts
Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
Ground Pepper

Mix it all together and toss them in the oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Stir 20 minutes in. Very tasty

I've been adding sliced mushrooms lately and I like that too.

You can also add about 3 minced cloves of garlic and a little lemon juice too.

Replies

• JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I agree, this is my favorite way to make BS and I love them. I never liked them before but now can't resist when I roast them. I also like to cut them in half and brown some fresh garlic in a little olive oil and do a sitr fry using only some oyster sauce and a little black pepper. ( got to watch the oyster sauce though cause it can get salty)- cover a bit so they steam a little to cook then uncover and stir fry till done. Really nice also. My 2 favorite ways of making them! :smile:
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Now throw carmelized onions and toasted pistachios to the roasted brussels sprouts and you have perfection.
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I usually roast it with garlic and balsamic vinegar! Yum!
  • georgedarling
    georgedarling Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Now I'm hungry!
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I tried it with balsamic vinegar, I think olive oil makes it taste better.

And the caramelized onions and toasted pistachios sound great! I have to try that
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Duck fat > olive oil
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    AHMnomNOM i LOVE brussel sprouts!
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Now throw carmelized onions and toasted pistachios to the roasted brussels sprouts and you have perfection.

Yum!

You could also add sliced toasted almonds instead of pistachios.

9821387.png
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    YUMMERS! I was eating this quite a bit a while back but overdid it...but I'm back on it ASAP!
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic way to eat veggies!!! They are so tasty. Yes to the minced garlic and squeeze half a fresh lemon over it when it comes out of the oven and grate some fresh parmesan..... so good.

I have done this with: Broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, brussels sprouts, mushrooms, carrots, zucchini, sweet potato dollars, and squash.
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    you all are forgetting a couple slices of chopped cooked bacon yummmmm
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Mmm.. Man, I just love food. :)
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Love these! I don't think I ever had the right temp on the oven though. This should help! Thanks!
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Brush with tarragon Dijon mustard. Yum
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    We eat brussels sprouts at home with garlic cloves, lemon and oil ALL the time. It smells terrible but is DELICIOUS!!
  • ew64
    ew64 Posts: 10
    Options
    I do mine with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and pine nuts. The garlic, fresh lemon juice, and parmesan sounds yummy too. Will have to try that.
  • livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    don't forget the red pepper flakes for some spicy sprouts :drinker:
  • Sunshine_and_Puppies
    Options
    Duck fat > olive oil
    Are you cereal?
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic way to eat veggies!!! They are so tasty. Yes to the minced garlic and squeeze half a fresh lemon over it when it comes out of the oven and grate some fresh parmesan..... so good.

I have done this with: Broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, brussels sprouts, mushrooms, carrots, zucchini, sweet potato dollars, and squash.

Had something like this for dinner Sunday - I'll have to try it with the lemon & parmesan - keep forgetting about the garlic though - darn - next time
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Duck fat > olive oil
    Are you cereal?

Lettuce be cereal, there is no comparison between the two. Good EVOO is great for finishing dishes etc but for high heat roasting or frying duck fat is much better