If you rub your cucumber.......

Options

Replies

• nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I am laughing at the response ratio, you women must love a good cucumber thread. But am I the only one that was told this?

I was taught to rub the cucumber too!:blushing:

I was told it would make me go blind so I had to see if it was true one day ... been hooked ever since
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    It becomes flaccid, I think.

Then you're not doing it right!

:laugh: I was thinking the same thing.

Hmmm...it does after you have it in your mouth for awhile...I'm pretty sure.

:drinker: :love:

You look like Hoyt off of True Blood...=O
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Is that sookies brother?

Ohhhh nevermind, thats the dude who hooked up with that hot pale vampire. Thats the first time I heard that, and I dont think it was a compliment. lol
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    not sure if it will be less bitter, but definately juicier
  • KeRAWRi
    KeRAWRi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I really thought this thread was going a different route.........
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Is that sookies brother?

Ohhhh nevermind, thats the dude who hooked up with that hot pale vampire. Thats the first time I heard that, and I dont think it was a compliment. lol

Lol -.-.....he's very cute actually (:
  • GumballMachine
    Options
    In my experience, when we're dealing with actual produce, yes, it does make a difference!
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Is that sookies brother?

Lol -.-.....he's very cute actually (:

Ohhhhh. Wellll helloooooo. :flowerforyou:
  • IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    I love this thread dirty minds unite..
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    ....after you cut the end off, does it make it less bitter? My grandma always told me to do this, any truth to it? I know that the more water they get while growing makes them less bitter to begin with. Was my grandma full of it?

Your grandma is correct. However its a not a win/win situation because if the cucumber is not bitter to begin with, then you lose some flavor out of it and cucumber just tastes bland which is why most of the time people use with something else to give it its own flavor. However if you just wanna chow down on a cucumber and after you rub the top and it tastes flavorless, just use some salt and rub it again and you should be fine

(All this is from personal experience and what my mother have taught me. Possibly broscience but idc since it has helped me)

The only way I allow salt near any cucumber in MY house, is if it's on the lips of a lady who just had a margarita.

Poor cucumber.
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    waittt... cucumberrs are for eating???
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Darn, I came here with a whole different set of hopes in mind. I love me some early morning cucumber talk.

Anywho, your grandma isn't nuts. I've heard the same thing and thought it was nuts, until I tried it. Now, I never partake without rubbing the cucumber first.
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I really thought this thread was going a different route.........

my thoughts too, very disappointed......................................:ohwell: :cry:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one :laugh:
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I do know if you rub it more than twice then you're playing with it....
  • princessnadif
    Options
    HAHAHA
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I am just going to come out and say it... I thought this was going to talk about sex when I saw the title lol.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I need a video explaining this method or perhaps a few instructional photos. I would like a more delicious cucumber.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Wait. Rub the cut end or the skin? I'm lost. Is this for real? :huh:
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    ... a genie might appear....
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    @Fun - I throw something out on YouTube :smile: :devil: :smile: