day 5 of mfp - cold and tired!

Options
im a yo yo binge eater, and im trying to take weight loss slow this time. I feel like i am eating "just enough" but would like to up my cals? in a healthy way as i think this is why im feeling cold and tired since ive started this (only 5 days ago) - my diary is public. maybe more good fats?

Replies

• spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    taking a quick peak through, I would highly recommend more fats. I never get the tired, cold feeling of dieting that I used to after upping my fat intake. You also won't get hungry as often with a higher fat intake. I eat approximately 50% of my diet from healthy fats.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your calorie goals are accurate? If you exercise, do you eat back your calories? You are way low on protein. MFP sets that low. Make sure you eat about 1 gram per pound of lean body mass.
  • alltacht
    alltacht Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Its probably just that you arent getting proper nutrition? Cold and tired is often symptomatic of something like an iron deficiency. Try including your healthy fats, more protein and fibre to keep you full and maybe you should supplement with a multivit+iron for a while until you get your nutrition on track. I was always very cold, with cold hands and feet and I was anemic, even though I ate lots of iron rich veg I needed some liquid iron for a while to get my levels up (too much info but if you have heavy time of the month it doesnt help) but doing that worked for me. Best of luck :)