Where to search for unique tatto ideas?

Options
Hello!

I am looking to get a tattoo in the next couple of years ( have to choose something, let it sit, and earn some more money heh). And am wondering where to look for patterns and ideas that are unique? I have no tattoos yet so I am a little clueless where I could even begin to look. Any websites that you would recommend browsing?

Replies

• illuminatusObservor
    Options
    And since I cannot proof read apparently maybe I should never get a quote or anything :P
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i used to look at pages on Facebook for ideas....... it was a couple years ago though.
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options
    I have some very basic ideas what I want involved, but unfortunately my creativity is not the best D: heh
  • StrawberrySt
    StrawberrySt Posts: 235
    Options
    Your best bet is to search for tattoo artists and have a chat with one who can design something for you. Something that means something to you and is personalised.
    Tattoo artists are ARTISTS so they are very talented and can be a huge help when guiding you in the right direction for your ink.

It's a very exciting thing to be planning :happy: so have fun with it!

In terms of where to look, there are so many different styles it depends on what you are in to? Try googling tattoo artists like Sailor Jerry or Angelique Houtkamp??

Have fun!
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    exactly what Strawberry St says ^^^

I usually google search for inspiration. Example, Im into Asian tats and I googled "dragon", then I wanted something a little feminine so I googled "cherry blossoms". Seeing different kinds of styles really opened my mind to see what else is out there. So what I did, I printed the ones I liked best and showed them to a tattoo artist and had him incorporate something with a touch of personalized designs.
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options
    Thanks for the reply!

I think that is where i am struggling - just where to start!
    For years I have been studying Mythology mainly Athena and he owl. I have been drawn to it :] But I also Like a more Vintage look for lack of a better term xD

But at the same time having something very original has always been something I wanted, so no flowers, starts, and such. Hmmm my brain is scattered every where xD
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    So you say you havent gotten any tattoos yet, right? When you pick a tattoo for the first time,IMO it is usually best to stay with that theme. It makes your body, the "canvas", look more attractive, kinda like a really good picture book.
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options
    Yup First one! And I think the same as you, I think I want all of my tattoos to be the same style/theme. Which is why I am waiting and spending so much time deciding xD
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Take everything you said up there and find an artist. Then you'll get a truly unique tat. The research you should be doing is on the artist. They should have pretty detailed portfolios online. Find a few who's style lean more towards yours and go check them out. A good artist will take all your input and work with you until you're happy.
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options
    Thanks so much! I am a bit shy, so for some reason I thought it would be mostly up to me and my creation! Thanks again :D
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    all of mine were thought up and designed by me, with my artist perfecting them into tattoo form. if something is going to be on my body for life, i need to make sure it's EXACTLY what i want and need it to be......

figure out what is more important to you, and why and then translate it to a pic and then give it to your artist to make into a perfect tattoo!!!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    There's a tattoo magazine named Inked. You can add them on Facebook and go through all the photos they have, some tattoos are amazing.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    There is also a lot of inspiration and amazing artist on this site:

http://www.deviantart.com/
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    the circus or the carnival. or rob a bank and get thrown in prison.
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Get something that means something to YOU. Brain storm some ideas, find a good artist, tell him/her what you want &let them draw you something original!