Need hotel workout ideas

Options
I am packing my portable DVD playing in prep for doing my insanity videos in the hotel room this week. But...

I have an iPad and would love some suggestions on workouts to look at the don't require weights. I am training for half marathon so I use to Insanity and it is my cross training at this point. I completed the Insanity program about a month ago so they are my go to when I travel. I do realize that most hotels have ellipticals/ treadmills but I would rather yank my teeth than get on one lately.

I have found a few Free apps and I have them but they seem lame so does anyone have any other ideas? YouTube videos to look at? Other free sites?

Replies

• FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    You could try this: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/12/20/the-20-minute-hotel-workout/

You Tube is an amazing resource as well.
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    The stairs!
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    If you are training for a 1/2, I would suggest get out and run the roads. It's a great way to see the city it is also a make the run more challenging as you don't know the land marks so you need to pace yourself somewhat like when you run the 1/2.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Running is the way to go if that is what you are training for. The RunKeeper smartphone app has some training coaching/challenges in it and is great to record a map of your runs, as well as distance, speed, etc.
  • Jori33
    Jori33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Does the hotel have a pool or gym? Or you can google some nearby parks or scenic looking areas for running. And there's always the stairs.
  • soon2bhotmom
    soon2bhotmom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I like to run the stairs up and down all the flights when I stay in hotels
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Sex with a stranger?
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Check out blogilates.com, there are a zillion workouts, many without weights. I literally just finished the "bikini blaster." Squats, lunges, planks, burpees and similar.

Also you can do this crossfit style one: 5 pushups, 10 crunches, 15 squats. Repeat for as many rounds as you can, no rest between rounds (or stop at 30 minutes. :)

You could even add in tricep dips as well.

There are lots of "500 rep" or "1000 rep" workouts mixing in 500 reps of things like burpees, pushups, squats, lunges, tricep dips, crunches...
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Sex with a stranger?

Um.... No thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Great ideas, i apreciate the suggestions. I goggle earthed the hotel and doesn't seem like a runner friendly place, it's near a 6 lane highway off a 2 lane :(