Is my calories burned correct?

Options
I just walked for 70 min at a speed of 3.2mph, it's around 3.3 miles walked. When I logged it my exercise jurnal it said that I burned over 600 calories. Is this right or wrong? I'm not complaining but it just seams like too many.

Replies

• bjstrong
    bjstrong Posts: 11
    Options
    You can double check your calories at www.webmd.com/hw-popup/calories-burned
  • itzcool4me
    itzcool4me Posts: 43
    Options
    Yeah, that doesn't sound right. I put in 70 minutes for 3.0mph and 3.5mph walking and the most I got was 226 calories. It's going to be different since we're different weights, but I don't think it's going to almost 400 calories different.

Just make sure you put in 70 minutes under the walking, 3.0mph (to be conservative) category. I've found that when I compare it to other websites it's fairly accurate. Keep up the walking! :smile:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    it's a personal thing, for some that might be very low intensity, in which case it would be a low calorie burn, for others it's a higher intensity, so it would be more of a calorie burn. Use the perceived exertion scale if your curious. http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/strengthening/a/030904.htm

you should be able to estimate using that.

BUT

these are all just very general estimates.
    If you really want to know your calories burned with any type of accuracy, you really need to go out and buy an HRM.