When the going gets tough...

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    I'm proud of you, but if I get that **** song stuck in my head, you're dead.

lol
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    This topic is amazing!!!! Makes me want to push harder be the best I can be and tell the world to blow it up their *kitten*!!!! Elizabeth you are truly amazing!!!!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Thanks for that!

I was in the same place and now I'm not. I just go clothes shopping in normal stores when that little voice is telling me I can't do it...cures me quicklike!

LOL I do the same now. Like, "Oh.... I CAN'T wear this dress? WATCH ME!"

hehe
  • Elizabeth_C34
    This topic is amazing!!!! Makes me want to push harder be the best I can be and tell the world to blow it up their *kitten*!!!! Elizabeth you are truly amazing!!!!!

That's exactly what you have to do that stupid voice in your head telling you that you can't do it or whatever else that ***** is trying to tell you. You CAN achieve.
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    thanks liz for bringing back to basics! loved this!!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Hi-5!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Thank you so much for posting this.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    It's been 10 months since I last lost weight. I get discouraged so often. But I keep going. You know why?

I've been wheelchair bound 3 times. Now I can run.
    I had all of the muscles in my chest cut and my right lung collapsed due to surgery. I wasn't able to use my right arm for several months, just kept it crossed over my incision. I can now deadlift 100lb and squat 120lb.

Yes, I'm not so happy about the weightloss. But I'm ecstatic about the other side effects.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    It's been 10 months since I last lost weight. I get discouraged so often. But I keep going. You know why?

I had all of the muscles in my chest cut and my right lung collapsed due to surgery. I wasn't able to use my right arm for several months, just kept it crossed over my incision. I can now deadlift 100lb and squat 120lb.

Yes, I'm not so happy about the weightloss. But I'm ecstatic about the other side effects.

You are incredible! It's people like you who inspire me to live better every day.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    I often feel like Ill never get to where i want to be. It is easy to forget all of the changes that have been made.

I still think about myself as the person I was a lot of the time. When I take pictures of myself I expect to see her, and this new self is there in her place. She looks way better than before but there is a mental disconnect there. I think that will improve with time.

Thanks for reminding me that no matter what i am not giving up.

Jules:flowerforyou:

It's a journey not a destination. Had this conversation with my family last evening. "You lost weight, you look good, you need to relax on that".
    Not going to sorry, permanent change. Took a long time to gain the weight, little relative time to lose it. Going to be as nice as I can about it interfacing with other folks, but some things are not negotiable.
    Good luck in your endeavors.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,238 Member
    bumpity bump bump!
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member

:flowerforyou: :smooched: :heart:
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member

:flowerforyou: :smooched: :heart:

Ditto that!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Wow, now that is amazing. So proud to be your friend too, Elisabat :))
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member

^ you, my friend, are awesome! :flowerforyou: :glasses:
  • Elizabeth_C34

^ you, my friend, are awesome! :flowerforyou: :glasses:

Yes she is. One amazing woman there.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Great post :)
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 310 Member
    Wow ~ you simply rock! This is the best post I have ever seen on MFP! Cheers to you.....:drinker:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Love this. Thank you!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Wow ~ you simply rock! This is the best post I have ever seen on MFP! Cheers to you.....:drinker:

:blush:
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Lemon, thanks so much for this post. It's people like you who are really here for the right reasons, doing the right thing, and kicking a** every day. It's so refreshing to see someone motivating themselves, instead of constantly needing validation from others. You are awe inspiring and I'm honored to know you.