full after eating

Options
Is it bad to feel full after eating? Or even a bit.bloated? Im eating healthy and I always feel fully satisfied with my meals but i dont know if this feeling of a bit bloating means im over eating.

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Its weird for you to feel that way because you're hardly eating at all, going by today's diary anyway. It makes me think you're actually eating something you don't tolerate well:

Try cutting out dairy for a month and see if that helps, if not try cutting wheat too. Also if you've recently increased the amount of fiber you're eating (like more whole grains and veggies than you used to)t hat could make you feel bloated too.

So I guess to directly answer you - its not "bad", but its probably not a feeling you want to have all the time, and it does NOT look like you are overeating. for perspective, I can easily eat 1000 calories in a meal and feel fine, but if I eat 500 calories worth of beans (I have done this) I will feel TERRIBLE because that's a ridiculous amount of fiber to eat at once.
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks I think i'll try cutting back on the wheat bread! I love it but It probably is making me feel bloated. I'm really trying to up my calorie intake but after eating all of this I feel full and don't deprive myself at all.