How do you make your yogurt taste better?

Options

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms makes a calorie free chocolate syrup, you can usually find it at target. I like that in my plain yogurt, or that and strawberries and strawberry jam... try it!
  • katenmills
    katenmills Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I used to dry retch at the smell - nevermind taste - of yogurt. Then I decided to give the Yoplait Formé no-fat range a try because the flavours sounded so good. The 'dessert' yogurt pack which I buy comes with sticky date pudding flavour, classic cheesecake flavour and apple pie flavour. They're amazing, really eased me into the taste of yogurt and now I have a tub every day lol. I now also like plain yogurt mixed with granola, berries and a drizzle of honey.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I love yogurt, but I'm dairy-free so I only eat the coconut yogurt by So delicious/Turtle Mountain brand.

Why eat it if you don't like it? There are lots of protein alternatives out there...and you can take probiotics.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Plain of any brand is absolutely unedible.

I love Fat Free Chobani. They have tons of different flavors that taste great. At least I think they do.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    regular yogurts is terrible, but i love me some chobani greek yogurt
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Greek yogurt is my favorite - I can easily sub it for sour cream on the dinner table and my kid doesn't know the difference.

I add about 1/4 cup to my oatmeal, along with fresh strawberries or bananas, walnuts & honey. But mostly I eat my yogurt with fresh berries (strawberries or blueberries) and drizzle it with honey - sweet and creamy - I have it for dessert several nights a week.
  • memmers
    memmers Posts: 112
    Options
    Find one that tastes good. My favorite dannon light and fight orchard pear. If you eat plain yogurt i would try adding some fruit or granola. Or try a no calorie sweetener and some cinnamin
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    I'm picky with yogurt myself.... you should try Oikos Caramel on the Bottom. tastes like dessert. :)
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I love yogurt! Greek or otherwise, plain or flavored... I love to put blueberries that I cook in the microwave with a little splenda or truvia and a tiny bit of butter buds or I can't believe it's not butter spray. Then I mix it with the yogurt... yummy! If you don't like it, don't eat it tho...
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    My standard breakfast is plain yogurt with fresh strawberries and/or blueberries, and 2 TBSP of homemade granola. The Stonyfield Farms lowfat plain yogurt has a very nice texture and is not too sour. I recently switched to greek yogurt because it has a higher % of protein, but I am frankly having difficulty with both the texture (too thick) and the sourness. I have been adding a couple of TSP of 1% milk to thin it. I am going to try adding Agave or honey, and maybe peanut butter.
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% plain greek yogurt, then add any of the following combos: Dried cherries+agave nectar, chopped granny smith apple+walnuts+honey, fresh blueberries+honey, clean granola+honey, strawberries+granola

I think by far that Fage 2% is the best tasting yogurt, maybe a little pricey, but worth it!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I make mine taste better by swapping it out for ice cream.
  • hbaby08
    hbaby08 Posts: 75
    Options
    I like the light and fit (i think its by yoplait) usually vanilla, strawberry or peach. I can stomach the ones by breyers with add ins (nestle crunch etc) or i do a smoothie, whatever fruit and liquid you have can mask the flavor of the yogurt. either way, no plain yogurt for me.
  • TNFirefly
    TNFirefly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I buy plain fat free yogurt and strain it. With a large container, I lay a pillowcase over a colander over a bowl and dump the yogurt into it. Either a couple hours on the counter or 12 hours in the fridge, and a bunch of clearish liquid is in the bowl. This gives you essentially greek yogurt. The taste is much sweeter without paying double. I love it with canned fruits like pineapple or peaches (not in syrup).

I agree though, that if you don't like the taste of it, don't force it. You will do better on a change if you enjoy it. There are plenty of probiotic capsules out there if you are looking for the microbiotia in the yogurt.
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    yoplait whipped ... orange creamsicle or something like that. that was the first kind i ever tried .. it was nummyyyy .. i eat strawberry light & fit . delicious as well.
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    Try Astro strawberry greek yogurt or liberty Mediterranee lemon! Amazing!!!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I add 2 Tbsp of PB2 (powdered peanut butter) to one cup of Fage plain nonfat. Then a sprinkle of cinnamon, some frozen dark cherries, some semi-sweet chocolate chips... and sometimes a small handful of Cinnabon cereal or Cinnamon Toast Crunch. It's great!!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Don't force yourself to consume calories you do like. One of the reasons I like MFP is that I become very selective about what I consume and it best be something I like. Forget the yogurt and move on....I personally love it plain or with fresh fruit.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I add peanut butter, honey, and cocoa powder to my greek yogurt.
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I've always hated yogurt...and caught myself licking some off a spoon just the other day. I've been adding vanilla flavoured yogurt to my shakes for awhile, and I guess I'm getting used to the taste because it didn't make me want to puke! So I guess my suggestion is blend it in to something else. My shake is banana strawberry oats and milk +yogurt.