What time of day to workout?

Options
Ok, so I'm trying to get a more structured schedule for eating, exercising, sleeping, etc. but I can't figure out when the best time to work out is?

I hear the best time is in the morning but the thing is I am NOT a morning person at all. I am miserable. I've tried it before but it lasted for about 3 days and I was like, "this is sooo not happening."

But, the thing I'm worried about with afternoon or evening workouts is that things might come up (family, social, etc.) and I could say I'll do it later then don't.

Sorry this is a long post and I rambled but basically, what is the best time you think?

Thanks

-Jessi

Replies

• Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    The differences are negligible and will not matter. The best time of day to workout is when you can do it consistently (which is not to say that you have to train everyday).
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I do the evening workout. I tried the morning workout thing in the army and I hated it. I also don't like to exercise while fasted, so it works out perfect for me. I can get a preworkout snack in a couple hours before I go to the gym, then be home in time for dinner.