Need TOM diet advice from women!

Options
MENichols5
MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
Hello!

On June 16th I will be attending a close friend's wedding and have already purchased a very tight white lace dress. Unfortunately, I looked at the calendar and noticed that it will be my TOM (of course) that weekend and I tend to hold at least an extra 5-7 pounds of water weight during that time. I've decided that the week leading up to the wedding I am going to be extra, extra careful about what I eat and sodium levels.

Does anyone have similar experiences with sodium and water weight and have suggestions of good foods to eat?

I know to avoid all carbonated drinks (which I already do), frozen meals, and soup.

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• MENichols5
    Options
    Also, I just noticed that this is in the wrong Topic, sorry!!
  • mrscapamerica
    Options
    You could try a diuretic to get rid of excess water weight. They are sold over the counter. Otherwise drink a lot of lemon water and flush your system.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Have another dress on standby in case nothing works. Besides, I wouldn't want to be wearing a white dress at TOM!
  • ktwest2107
    ktwest2107 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    There is this stuff at GNC called "The Cleaner" that worked awesome for me last time I needed to keep my weight down for a friends wedding. You have to do it for 7 days, but you can really tell a difference. It actually gives you enough for 14 days, but just 7 is fine for keeping off 5-7 lbs during this special time ;) Oh, and it's all natural :) Lots of good cleansers!!!

-Katie
  • MENichols5
    Options
    Thanks guys!

I do have another back up dress bc the white thing is a bit scary! It will be the very end of the TOM though so I am hoping it will be okay :)

I am interested in these cleanses bc this is something I deal with every month to the point where I look 6 months pregnant and I have never found anything that helps.

Thanks again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!