Oye Vey... the return from Vacation

Options
Welp, I just returned from long weekend vacation and I am already having to fight the urge to stop 'picking' at foods. Our snack foods are still needing to be put away and everytime I pass them I feel the need to grab a bit of this and a bit of that! Eeep!

But so far I only gave in once. : )

I need to get myself back into the midframe of watching my cals and sticking to it! I tried to watch what I ate on vacation, but that dropped away after day 2. : ( But that was this weekend, and today is TODAY. I am sure it will take me a few days to get back into the swing of things, but here goes nothing!

Good luck to all!

Replies

• Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Welcome home!
    Reality stinks, doesn't it?! :grumble:
    Jump right back into your exercise routine & maybe someone else will finish off those leftover treats.
    :wink:
  • siskell224
    siskell224 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in the same exact boat. Weighed myself this morning and realized that maybe i didn't do as well as i thought HOWEVER. i definitely didn't snack or eat as porly as i normally would, so i guess you have to look at it that way.

Today is a new day and i have generally planned all my lunches and dinners this week. Hopefully that will help me to get back on track.
  • kellydavis
    Options
    I too just got back from a week of total gluttony with my 92 year old mom in FL! We ate ice cream 2-3 times a day. I did exercise a lot though too and only put on 3 pounds of which are almost gone after 3 days of being home and actually counting the calories again. I find it so helpful to log in my food to actually see what I'm doing to myself. After doing that on Friday night, I was so encouraged by what it said I would weigh in 5 weeks if I kept it up, I went up and drank a big glass of water instead of eating a bowl of popcorn like I had planned!

19 poinds to go!
    Kelly
  • metsgirl31
    metsgirl31 Posts: 45
    Options
    I know how you feel- I just got back from a weeklong vacation with my boyfriend and 24 members of his very Italian family- there was food EVERYWHERE! And then people starting baking ( cheesecakes no less) and it was all down hill from there. By some miracle, when I got home i found out that I only gained about a pound! Very surprising, but now I'm back to the daily routine and eating healthy again :)