Terrible, Terrible, Sweet-tooth! Help??

Options
I need some healthy/low-fat (preferably economically priced) sweet treats! Any ideas? If I don't find something, I won't make it! :sad:

Replies

• sagefitnessfanatic
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth, too. A half an apple with a tbsp of almond butter or all natural peanut butter helps...
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Hard candies. And suck them slowly... jolly ranchers, werther's original and the like...
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Fiber one 90 calorie brownies!! lol They are SO GOOD!!!! lol They are seriously the only thing that keeps me from running to 7-11 and buying every sweet in there haha. I wouldn't suggest eating them in excess but it helps when you're really craving something sweet!!!
  • specialtreat
    Options
    I saw a recipe the other week

one box of angel food cake mix
    1 large can of crushed pineapple
    and that is it!
    cook in muffin pan and each cake is 69 calories.
    I made mini ones so I get to have 2 :) very yummmo!!
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My sweet tooth has been flaring up lately as well, so bumping for later.
  • alikat789
    alikat789 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try this a jello cup with some added almonds and chocolate chips. Very low cal but feels like a treat with the almonds and chocolate chips.

Try cutting down on the sweets each day, once you start eliminating some you will find you don't need them all.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I get the 100 calorie snack packs (one box only) and the 100 calorie cottage doubles. And I always have a bar of 86% dark chocolate in the freezer, the darker it is, the less calories it has. Unless its TOTM I am allowed one a day or two chocolate squares, so I get my fix without completely screwing up. It's worked pretty well, I've only gone over my calorie balance once and I've lost 5 lbs in two weeks.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Fiber one 90 calorie brownies!! lol They are SO GOOD!!!! lol They are seriously the only thing that keeps me from running to 7-11 and buying every sweet in there haha. I wouldn't suggest eating them in excess but it helps when you're really craving something sweet!!!

Oh yeah, I have had those. Awesome too.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    A Tablespoon of Raw almond butter always does the trick for me. You can add a glass of coconut/almond mixture beverage as well.

I make awesome almond butter cookies (no grains), egg white, with mini chocolate chips, just a few.
  • girlofsun26
    girlofsun26 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I know some people just brush their teeth to kick the sweet craving taste...however for me..its all about skinny cow ice cream and I make the cake mix with crushed pineapple too! Also I look for the 100 calorie packs..they have everything from chips to cookies!
  • AimeeLynn90
    AimeeLynn90 Posts: 94
    Options

100000% agreed!!!
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    * Fruit -- red delicious apples, seedless grapes, bananas help out a ton

* Sugarless gum -- 5gum brand is my favorite...flavors of choice: elixir and flare

* MiO drink mix is way awesome too
  • AimeeLynn90
    AimeeLynn90 Posts: 94
    Options
    I know some people just brush their teeth to kick the sweet craving taste...however for me..its all about skinny cow ice cream and I make the cake mix with crushed pineapple too! Also I look for the 100 calorie packs..they have everything from chips to cookies!

Cake mix with crushed pineapple??? ...yuuuuuuummmmmmm!
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    a carton of lite vanilla yogurt (80 cals), with one packet of 25 calorie Swiss Miss cocoa mix stirred in. 105 calories total.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Anything Skinny Cow is good, and with summer coming up, I like sugar-free popsicles or home-made popsicles made with Crystal Light.

But the "best band for your buck" dessert is something I just made yesterday and I looooove it! Got this recipe from someone on MFP:

3-2-1 Cake
    * 1 box Angel Food cake mix
    * 1 box cake mix, any flavor

Mix the two cake mixes in a bag. Take THREE tablespoons of mix, add TWO tablespoons of water, Mix, and Microwave for ONE minute. This makes a 100-calorie sweet treat. You can make it even sweeter by adding a teaspoon of mini chocolate chips or topping it with some fat-free or light Cool Whip.
  • ocylott
    ocylott Posts: 31
    Options
    Fat free jello pudding.
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate! My faves are the Dove Dark Promises, or Trader Joe's selection of dark chocolates. I'll let myself have 1 or 2, just to satisfy the craving and that usually does the trick. Also, dark chocolate covered almonds or pecans...om nom nommm

If you can stick to just a few of either, you'll be well under 100 cals- the Dove Dark Promises are 42 cals each and 4 of the dark/milk chocolate covered almonds from Trader Joes are around 50 cals. Plus Dark Chocolate & Almonds both have health benefits (seriously!)
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth, too. A half an apple with a tbsp of almond butter or all natural peanut butter helps...

Oh god yes, you can grind your own at whole foods, they have fresh ground chocolate almond butter that tastes like ferrero rocher. It is out of this world
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Make a cocoa with hot milk and a little bit of sugar, hope that helps!
  • lolo406
    lolo406 Posts: 71
    Options
    My fav lateley has been protein bars! Some taste just like a candy bar haha