Bathing suit season: Thoughts both male and female

Options
EJand94
EJand94 Posts: 55 Member
Ok as we all are probably dreading, bathing suit season is coming soon. I was wondering what type of swim suits the rest of you women wear, and what types of swim suits you men would like to see women wear (Other than itty bitty teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikinis) so, being on here to loose weight, I've always worn one pieces because I feel really weird wearing a two piece being bigger chested. How big, is too big for wearing a two piece do you think?
Are you excited for the 50's style swim suits this season? I AM I'm so stoked in general for the 50's looks. Anyways, would love to hear your thoughts :)

Replies

• MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I like the theory of if you're confident, wear it, but the fact is there are some people too big to wear things like that for most people. I can't say there is a set size, however because everyone has a different idea of how big is too big.
  • missmaggiejane
    Options
    Really the type of swim suit someone wears depends on their body shape and their weight all together. Not to be mean, but someone who is 300 pounds probably wouldn't wear a bikini. I'm a pear shape, the type of bathingsuit that looks really nice on me is the cute mini dress ones. that are halter top. Since my shoulders are smaller than my hips, the halter top brings attention to my shoulders and the mini skirt part draws attention away from my upper thighs and hides my butt lol. My cousin on the other hand is skinny and is kinda a box shape. She looks cute in a bathingsuit that is a once piece with an attention getter or "belt" look at the center of her bathingsuit. It gives the illusion that she has an hourglass figure lol. Also it just depends on what you're comfortable in. I'm no where near comfortable to wear a regular one piece out in public, and especially no where near comfortable to wear a tankini...maybe after my first 30 pounds lost i'll be able to do that lol.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    It will be my one pieces for the summer, but by december I am hoping to be bikini ready. 20th anniversary_= Trip somewhere tropical. Want to look good in some pics.
  • Ashatack
    Ashatack Posts: 41
    Options
    I like to wear shorts and a bikini top. I only looked at your profile picture but from it i can say i dont feel like you are to large. I love the victorias secret swim suits. They offer some with wider bottomed bands for larger bested girls, they they offer alot off diferent coverage levels from tinny to full coverage in every color. self.com has a really helpful artice to finding the right one for your shape right now....
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I found the most wonderful two piece bathing suit at Walmart last year. It has a 50's type flair to it, halter top with ruched fabric over the waist and a sweetheart neckline to show off the girls without really showing them. The bottom is a skirt bottom so it covers a few of my lumps and bumps. I never thought I would have liked a skirt bottom bathing suit and I am so glad I tried it on anyway.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I am a tankini gal at this point. If I EVER flatten out the jelly belly and lose the c-section shelf I'll put on a bikini, but my stomach hasn't seen the light since 2004... and that was before I bore children.

Oh and halter-style since I have tiny boobies and broad shoulders :(
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Truthfully I've never thought that even thin girls look good in a bikin! lol It depends on your body obviously, but most women look best in the one-pieces, or skirts or even the tankini is more flattering than the bikini. Anyone can wear whatever they want because it is a free country, but almost no one looks good in one...In my humble opinion.:noway:
  • StrawberrySt
    StrawberrySt Posts: 235
    Options
    I found the most wonderful two piece bathing suit at Walmart last year. It has a 50's type flair to it, halter top with ruched fabric over the waist and a sweetheart neckline to show off the girls without really showing them. The bottom is a skirt bottom so it covers a few of my lumps and bumps. I never thought I would have liked a skirt bottom bathing suit and I am so glad I tried it on anyway.

That sounds so cute!!!
  • StrawberrySt
    StrawberrySt Posts: 235
    Options
    Oh, and it's winter in Australia so NO WAY I will be in a bathing suit anytime soon!

I'm a huge fan of pin up girl, 50's style but never had the confidence to wear them! I rarely go swimming or to the beach (and I live in Queensland, famous for it's beaches...) but when I do I rock my strapless one piece that hugs my curves in all the right places!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    You can never be too big for a two piece. I've seen some fierce fatties rocking bikinis on tumblr.
    This season I'm going to find myself a nice underwire tankini to wear. And I'm definitely not dreading it.