Who just doesn't sweat?

Options
Okay, I know I am not the only one who doesn't sweat like crazy after an intense workout! I ran 7 miles the other night and I barely even broke a sweat. Am I not drinking enough water? The most I will get is some on my forehead and under my chest. That's it! I kinda want to be a hot sweaty mess LOL! It's kind of sexy ;)

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I don't sweat much either. After an intense ellipical session last night I was still fresh as a daisy. Some people do, some people don't. I'd prefer not to be drenched after a workout. I drink water all day too. I've just never been a sweat-er...if that's a word! :smile:
  • diddyh
    diddyh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much just like you. I'm not a sweaty mess either.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Well, it makes sense, because women don't sweat... they glow. Or so I am told.
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    someone told me to wear more layers to help u sweat more.
  • TinaHumphries
    TinaHumphries Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I don't normally sweat but have started the 30 Day Shred and sweat buckets when I'm doing it!!!
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Me neither! But I notice that when I am having a good workout, my face gets really red and hot, almost like it needs to release some sweat for relief, but it doesn't happen. Anyone else have this??
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Same here Semeyer - the base of my back gets sweaty but my face stays dry..random :huh:
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Man... I wish I didn't sweat. I am pouring buckets just sitting on a hot-ish day. I'm jealous! :flowerforyou:
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I was basically the same way. Never sweat. I go to a Chiropractor who recommended I take a supplement for thyroid support..(kelp, zinc, iodine, I believe)..so I did. It wasnt until I started taking it that I started sweating. Not sure if there is a link to both, but must be somehow!:)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Well, it makes sense, because women don't sweat... they glow. Or so I am told.

I could only wish I was glowing. Then my hair and clothes wouldn't be drenched. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I have no problem with sweating when I workout. I am soaked when I finish.
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I generally do not sweat lifting weights (only some on leg days)
    But turn into the waterworks after about 10-15 minutes of brisk walking on the treadmill

Keeping body temperature slightly on the low end tends to keep me from sweating, ex. working out at 5 am (body T rises slightly throughout the day), and drinking ice cold water and resting more in between sets (you can't do that with cardio!)
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I sweat and also my face turns bright red....people stared at me before at the gym. I think they thought I was going to have a heart attack or something....very embarrassing.

I'm not sure that not sweating is a problem or not??
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Me neither! But I notice that when I am having a good workout, my face gets really red and hot, almost like it needs to release some sweat for relief, but it doesn't happen. Anyone else have this??

Same thing happens to my mom! Sometimes she even feels like she may pass out if she gets too hot for too long. I'm not sure what causes this. However, I guess I took after my dad because I sweat like crazy! Just walking to my car after work on a warm day makes me sweat...and if I have an intense workout I'm dripping sweat!
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I sweat and get a red hot flushed face. Sometimes on my long runs though I don't end up with sweat because the breeze and dry air dries it onto me... then I feel grainy and salty but I'll be sweat free!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I don't.

Which is really annoying, because they don't run the AC during my muay thai classes. I nearly get heat stroke every single time. :|
  • conniie
    conniie Posts: 119
    Options
    Yes! But I think for me it might be due to not enough water intake. I'm gonna try it for a week, to drink the water amount I need (2.8L) and see if anything changes. If not, ill go to the doctor.