Alcohol

Options
2»

Replies

• Shaunky68
    Shaunky68 Posts: 28
    Options
    As an occasional bartender I've discovered that clear liquors are better than say Whiskey, So-Co, Tequila, etc. Juices at bars and reception halls will be regular juices containing sugar so avoid that (for example: Vodka & Cranberry). Tonic water has sugar too so be aware of Gin or Vodka & Tonics. If you know the reception staff well enough, see about them stocking specifically Ocean Spray "Diet" cranberry or other juices and mix with Vodka. There are only 5 calories and maybe 2 carbs(includes sugars) because it's made with Splenda. But otherwise my suggestions are these and Diet Lemon/Lime soda with a flavored vodka or a Vanilla Vodka & Diet Coke. Hope this helps. CONGRATS & enjoy! Cheers!!
  • tejahnasmom
    tejahnasmom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    sounds goood 2 me!
  • tejahnasmom
    tejahnasmom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    str8 shots or diet drinks mixed in.. i just take shots & drink water to stay hydrated
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Vodka soda water with 3 or 4 lime wedges in a pint glass (more soda water that way). Or tequila shots and pints of water, 1 for 1.
  • scrappergirl333
    scrappergirl333 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I went with Chardonnay (4oz> 100 calories depending on the brand) or Malibu Rum & diet coke (57 calories) at a recent wedding I attended.
  • queenbcronen
    queenbcronen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I still prefer light beer if I'm going to drink. Again, it's a fun even and so you should enjoy. It's not like drinking a huge mixer with all kinds of sugars. Just have a good time. Drink lots of water the next day and exercise you will be fine!
  • StrawberrySt
    StrawberrySt Posts: 235
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of vodka and plain water with a squeeze of fresh lime! Yummy and helps with hangovers too :wink:

But I agree with the posters saying let loose! It's a one off and it's good to kick back, take your calorie counting hat off and enjoy.

You can't control what food you'll be served at a wedding and you can't say no to wedding cake!

Have fun and relax the logging for one day :flowerforyou:
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all the suggestions.
    You guys are the best!
  • watchtheworld
    Options
    Vodka, soda-water and lime is my go-to!
  • Happyhappy352
    Happyhappy352 Posts: 153
    Options
    Have red wine. It's heart healthy. and my favorite!:drinker:

Me too! And 2 6oz glasses for 300 calories :)
    I do have merlot and half diet 7up. less calories and I can have two glasses :O)