Should I add more cardio to my workout routine?

Options
I started "30 days shred" 2 days ago, and as you know, you only work for 20 minutes in each session. I was wondering if I should add more cardio to my cardio routine since I wanna loose weight. I have read that to burn fat you need to work out for more than 30 minutes. What do you guys think?

Replies

• UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    in my opinion I would add weight training. I know the shred has weights, but they are generally really light weights. You don't need a ton of cardio to burn fat. I burned most of my fat from lifting heavy.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    in my opinion I would add weight training. I know the shred has weights, but they are generally really light weights. You don't need a ton of cardio to burn fat. I burned most of my fat from lifting heavy.

This. I do no more than 20-30 minutes cardio at a time. Lift heavy.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    There are 2 different trains of thought about this. It depends on if you can lift heavy. I refuse to get a gym membership and I lost all of my weight (35lbs) by diet and walking and 30DS. While I did 30DS I walked 3 times a week for 45 minutes at a pretty fast pace (4.0mph). So, yes, lifting heavy is one option, but walking requires a pair of shoes and going outside. Running works too, I'm working up to that. My goal is a 5k by July.

So, if you want to join a gym or buy a home gym, lift heavy. The "New Rules For Lifting For Women" is a great book and will teach you all you need to know. If this isn't want YOU want to do, add a few more cardio sessions into 30DS. You have to do what's best for you. Weight loss is basically trial and error. What works for one isn't going to work as well for another.

Good luck to you and keep up the great work!