FEMALES: need TOM diet advice

Options
Hello! I already posted this once but realized it was under the wrong Topic, so I am trying this again!

On June 16th I will be attending a close friend's wedding and have already purchased a very tight white lace dress. Unfortunately, I looked at the calendar and noticed that it will be the end of my TOM (of course) that weekend and I tend to hold at least an extra 5-7 pounds of water weight during that time. I've decided that the week leading up to the wedding I am going to be extra, extra careful about what I eat and sodium levels.

Does anyone have similar experiences with sodium and water weight and have suggestions of good foods to eat or natural cleansers to take?

I know to avoid all carbonated drinks (which I already do), frozen meals, and soup.

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of water with lemon in it. I'm a virtual levee during TOM and this helps me with the water weight and bloat.
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i LOVE lemon water so this will be easy :) Thanks!
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Not trying to start anything, but I don't really recommend wearing a white lace dress to a wedding. White is the brides color... Let her have it that day.
  • FrancineC514
    Options
    I agree with Jzaz. I think any bride would be upset if someone else wor white. Unless she's not wearing white for whatever reason.
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I guess I didn't think of that. It's just a summery, short lace dress with long-sleeves and not bridal in the least and I know my friend wouldn't care at all bc she isn't the type to worry about that. I'm 23 and have only been to a few weddings so I didn't know it was bad manners to wear white to a summer wedding. Oops! Luckily I have other dresses..
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    As a recent bride... It's something we worry about a lot, especially with white sundresses being so popular! :) The way someone told me(when I didn't know) is that you have literally a whole rainbow of colors that you can wear. Why choose the one that is supposed to be hers that day?