Pretty new to MFP...looking for motivation

Options
rcloyd5
rcloyd5 Posts: 29 Member
Hello, I am a 37 year old mother of three boys. I have been over weight (now obese) for the past ten years since I started having children. I am pretty new to MFP. I started about a month ago. This site has been amazing for me. It really holds me accountable. I am looking for friends to help give me motivation and I hope I can do the same. It hasn't been easy, but my mind is set and I am going to do it. I have lost 12 pounds so far, but I need to lose 50 more.

Replies

• rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you are looking fo extra support.
  • Bri_Becq
    Bri_Becq Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    add me as well. :) motivation is on the way!
  • stephieb186
    stephieb186 Posts: 127
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like :) We are all in this together! You can do this!
  • MissLolli
    MissLolli Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello everyone, My name is Laurie I just started MFP yesterday. I am 48 yrs old and looking to lose about 50-60 lbs. I have a 30 yr class reunion coming up here the last weekend in July and even if I could lose 10 lbs by the reunion, that would be great. Most of high school friends have seen me the last few months and aren't judging me, they are great, but I don't like how I have gained so much in the past few years. I lost 25 lbs 5 yrs ago, but after 4 months I just stopped and it came back so fast with an extra 20 lbs to go with it. Now I don't like trying on clothes cuz I feel they make me look even bigger, even though my family will say I look good in something. Can use all the support I can get from any and all.
  • hollymurphy4
    hollymurphy4 Posts: 122
    Options
    Way to go on losing 12 lbs already! That's awesome. I'm a 36 yr old wife and stay-at-home mom of 4 kids. I'm an LPN currently working on my RN degree. Until August (next semester starts in Aug) I will be on here several times a day so feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck to you! You're already doing GREAT!!!!
  • careylk
    careylk Posts: 7
    Options
    Keeping each other motivated is a huge key I believe so add me if ya like and lets keep the moving on strong!!
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    add me if ou like some motivation /we all need it , i know i do .
  • Outdoorsman50
    Outdoorsman50 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    add me for motivation. we are all on this journey together
  • tlund214
    tlund214 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm new to MFP as well but I really need to get on board here! I need to lose about 30 lbs. I lost 45 lbs a few years ago with another program and kept it off until i became pregnant with my son. My son is now 20 months and I still haven't lost those lbs! So trying this, I know i can do this but need motivation! I'm a 31 yo mom, I work part-time 2 days per week as a pediatric physical therapist at a hospital. Finding time for me is hard (as I'm sure you're all familiar with!). Nice meeting everyone!
  • yquier
    yquier Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 34 (almost 35) year old mother of three. Two girls and one boy. I am in my second week of Insanity and just joined MFP yesterday. You can add me if you like. I need some motivation myself. Congrats on loosing 12 pounds so far.
  • jjsjrs
    jjsjrs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I sent a request
  • SuzieQ422
    SuzieQ422 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Out There,
    I too am looking for motivation to go to the gym. I am doing pretty well on the food plan, but, I do not like to go to the gym.
    I am 71 years old, retired and love to work on my beading work. So, I need to get more exercise than cleaning the house.
    Any suggestions ?
    P.S. I need to loose 50 lbs., Doctor's orders. I just started this weight loss program.:
  • zenmaster57
    Options
    Hello all. I am 54 y.o and joined MFP this morning to get a better handle on what I eat. I have recently lost about 40lbs and have hit a roadblock. I do go to my gym about 6 days a week for about 90mins ea. so I stay pretty fit but I have a 20 stubborn pounds to lose. I think MFP will help me get an accurate count of the calories I take in and burn each day and that will point me in the direction I have to go to lose a few more pounds.