What song gets you shifting your butt and exercising?

Options
I'm sure most people have an artist, particular album or song that they listen to when working out. What music motivates you and drives you? What music do you listen too and makes you even forget your running your *kitten* off on a treadmill? Lets hear it! :happy:

Mine is Heaven (dance version) by DJ Sammy

Replies

• redsohare
    redsohare Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything by Shakira. :) I chair dance (sit in my chair and move my tush) at work when i hear it.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I stole some of my brother's "game day music" that he uses to pump him self up for football games.

Sooo...lots of Eminem! Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO really gets me going on a run. The rest of my playlist is mostly upbeat Top 40-type music, or remixes. :) OH, and LOTS of country music, it's my favourite. :D

I'll listen to anything that's faster-paced as long as it puts me in a good mood. If my music makes me happy, I'll enjoy my workout that much more.
  • IokiOcto
    IokiOcto Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't listen to it normally but Techno/Electro gets me moving. I need something with a good beat, fast paced rock works as well.
  • browneyez27
    browneyez27 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    latin/salsa/bachata/merengue/reggaeton beats! keeps me movin' and shakin' !
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Most anything heavy metal.

Film scores of epic battle scenes from movies.
  • ambrwaves27
    ambrwaves27 Posts: 206
    Options
    Ima Be. . .by Black Eyed Peas

Thats the latest one. . .but will change in a week or so
  • latinabubbles
    Options
    Most anything that Pitbull sings. I have lots of that on my zune when I work out. And some Justin Timberlake... LOL Don't judge!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Rob Zombie's version of Brick House
  • Mykaylaliz
    Mykaylaliz Posts: 193
    Options
    i listen to anything..i have an app thats called tempo magic pro. It speeds up or slows the songs your listening too. Great app! especially for the treadmill. I speed up all my songs lol
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    Save me San Francisco by Train. Always makes me laugh and get moving.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Rob Zombie (living dead girl, dragula), NIN(closer), Stuff like that that has a heavy beat. Sometimes I can't do it to hula hooping or step aerobics because I start jamming to much and can't pay attention to what I am supposed to be doing...LOL great for running though!
  • AprilPayne24
    Options
    Domino by Jessie J
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have a playlist called BAMF which features stuff like Absurd by Fluke, Spybreak by Propellerheads, some Crystal Method, Pendulum, Prodigy, Danny Byrd and Flux Pavilion.

I am also partial to John Williams and Alan Silvestri film scores. Always epic!
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    I use mixes from www.rockmyrun.com
    I love the old school Michael Jackson mixed with Eminem etc.... plus some of them tell you beats per minute and they'll start off with like 130 and go up, then come back down just like in a work out. warm up, workout, cooldown. They show the length of the mixes as well. Some are 20-30 minutes or up to 75-90 depending on how long your workout is going to be. Good stuff!
  • 115perfection
    115perfection Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    No body shoot me...... but..... Long Live by Taylor Swift

*braces for attack*
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    99 Problems JAY Z
  • bleacheblonde
    bleacheblonde Posts: 333
    Options
    My latest is Korn & Skrillex: "Get up!" That song is SO GOOD. I like heavy metal for working out: anything that's loud and hardcore and sounds kinda dirty & sexy :P I have also been listening to LMFAO during my workouts lately. As a musician it pains me to admit that is on my playlist, but I try to be open-minded...
  • shannairl
    shannairl Posts: 65
    Options
    Usher - Scream
    Marilyn Manson - The Beautiful People
    J-Lo ft Pitbull - On the Floor remix

I would never listen to this stuff if I was at home, but when I'm walking or jogging.... yeah, you need Marilyn ;-)
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Daft Punk and Of Monsters and Men ;)
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    New David Guetta and Sia song- Titanium! And yeah, Skrillex too