Do you lose weight like this too?

Options
2»

Replies

• G5beauty
    G5beauty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself in 3 wks, due to this same reason .The scale is bs!! I can see my progress, but if the scale doesnt confirm the progress, i feel dissappointed, and i can't stay motivated if im dissappointed in myself. I figure it will take 1yr to lose the 60bls i want to lose, so why let the scale torture me every wk for a yr.I kno im doing everything right and i dont need the scale to validate me. This is a life style change so the weight will come off. I'll weigh myself once every 2 to 3 months, my losses will be greater and i wont drive myself crazy worrying about the scale. Good luck on your journey!!
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself in 3 wks, due to this same reason .The scale is bs!! I can see my progress, but if the scale doesnt confirm the progress, i feel dissappointed, and i can't stay motivated if im dissappointed in myself. I figure it will take 1yr to lose the 60bls i want to lose, so why let the scale torture me every wk for a yr.I kno im doing everything right and i dont need the scale to validate me. This is a life style change so the weight will come off. I'll weigh myself once every 2 to 3 months, my losses will be greater and i wont drive myself crazy worrying about the scale. Good luck on your journey!!

Nicely said!
  • G5beauty
    G5beauty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
  • rwisner
    rwisner Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Love it!!
  • Thomakk
    Thomakk Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do the same.

Rollercoasters...waves....isn't if funny how we visualize this.

I see it as a bouncy ball on a staircase. It bounces on one step for a while until it rolls off to the next step, then bounces a while there.

Yes, it is frustrating. Nice to know I'm not the only one.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Same here! It's always a combo of TOM and exercise. I'll gain 5, keep it for about a week with slight ups and downs, lose it, stay.there for a week, lose, lose, lose then BAM! Up 5 again, rinse repeat. The biggest hurdle for me was to stop reacting as if something was wrong. I don't stay off the scale like these smarter ladies here but instead of freaking out....Now I have to change everything! I'm doing it wrong!....I've resigned myself to the fact that my body just wants to do it this way. I'm in a healthy deficit, I'm active consistently, I'm getting stronger and I feel better about myself. Those 5 lbs can kiss it.
  • rwisner
    rwisner Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have experienced very similar results and decided that I will no longer let the scale depress me or determine my daily mood. The scale is no longer my sole measuring device. I am doing what I need to do and the clothes are looser each week and co workers and family congratulating my success is so gratifying!!

Good Luck and keep up the hard work!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    That has just started to happen to me after losing almost 40 pounds fairly quickly!
    I was losing consistently every week and then it stalled and i have begun a cycle of no loss, slight gain, big loss (3 or 4 pounds!). not sure what it is. i chalk it up to being a complex woman!!

Same thing has been happening to me. It can be a little frustrating.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    That has just started to happen to me after losing almost 40 pounds fairly quickly!
    I was losing consistently every week and then it stalled and i have begun a cycle of no loss, slight gain, big loss (3 or 4 pounds!). not sure what it is. i chalk it up to being a complex woman!!

Same thing has been happening to me. It can be a little frustrating.