Any Aus. Cattle dog owners??

Options
mdsjmom98
mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
I just wonder if any of you ACD owners have problems with your pups having seizures? Our Cassie started having them within a month or two of us getting her, and has had them about every 3 months. Then she has had 2 in one week. Our vet didn't seem too concerned, but if any of you do have this issue, what do you do for them? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• mtnbluezgirl
    mtnbluezgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a border collie owner. My last BC had terrible seizures....at first only every couple of months but by the time he was 3, they were weekly and then daily.
    He was on Potassium Bromide and Phenobarbital. My vet did some research and had him in a vagal nerve stimulator program at the NC State Vet school but it only marginally helped if at all...I had to put him down by the time he was 4. They do only get worse with age...I am so sorry to share that with you. Investigate the Potassium Bromide and Phenobarb now. BC and ACD are very similar breeds. Wish I had a better scenario. My current BC is the nephew of that one and has no issues. Best Wishes with your baby!!