Keeping track of your progress

Options
I'm looking for members that like to keep records of their fitness journey. By this I mean keeping a physical record and reviewing each day to see where you are over and under. I keep a binder and keep it updated. I know there proberbly aren't many that do this but I want to see when I'm exceeding in all areas not just calories. I may have a fear if I don't I will once again drift away. I'm proud of having this binder as it becomes larger I'm becoming smaller. I would like to find members that share this interest.

Replies

• Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I blog mine. I like to make sure I'm constantly stepping things up a little and pushing myself. I like to challenge myself to work harder, lift heavier and burn more calories all the time. :)
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I have a spreadsheet that I keep with my daily/weekly totals of calories, exercise, etc. I started it to see if I could find some corrolation between the weeks I gain and the weeks I lose (to see if it was calories, exercise, sodium, carbs, etc). I've been doing it for nearly a year and I still can't figure out why I gain or lose on certain weeks. Now it's just a habit for me and helps me to see at a glance if I'm staying around my TDEE every day (I'm on maintenance).
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I dont keep a log of calories or exercise but I do keep a weight loss and measurement chart of losses and gains so that I can see if there is any type of pattern. My chart is huge now as I have been doing this for about 86 weeks. I have been thinking of taking a picture of the chart and posting it to MFP. It is a very effective motivational tool for me, so even though I see no patterns I keep using it to chart my progress.,