Options
jesse1117
jesse1117 Posts: 124 Member
does anyone know how to cook the stuff?

Replies

• stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    the same way as regular. I like to boil it to al dente and then pan fry it a bit to get some colour on it in a touch of olive oil. Its really good.
  • nueta1922
    nueta1922 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like them cooked or cold with a lemon , olive oiland garlic vinagrette.
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    I put mine on a George Forman grill, sprinkle some lemon juice over them and some garlic powder...or sometimes red wine and garlic and then I just cook them in there for about 10-20 minutes depending on heat and they're delicous without even having to use any oil!!! Mmmmm....good thing I havn't made dinner yet...I'm going to make some!!!!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i roast mine with minced garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper. you prep it exactly as you would regular asparagus.
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    If you like your asparagus crunchy (as I LOVE mine) try putting it on tin-foil, adding whatever flavor you like (Mrs.Dash is awesome, or garlic/lemon) and GRILLING it! Like you would grill fish!
  • theresefulford
    theresefulford Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try rubbing it in extra virgin olive oil, then sprinkle a little sea salt or Mrs/ Dash put in the oven at 350 until it reaches the desired tenderness you like.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Grill 'em!!! Sprinkle them with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Or you can roast them that way. Green or white they both come out good.