5'5", medium build

Options
thats me but i weigh a gross 166lbs! just wondering what other ladies this size weighs and how did you lose the weight. Just looking for similarities for motivation. and can i see your progress pics if you have any. thanks.

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm pretty close. I'm between 5'5"-5'6" and 160. I don't feel GROSS...as I've lost 30 pounds. Looking to get the last 20 off. I've been exercising and eating healthier.:flowerforyou:
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5"...was 175...doctor found out I had PCOS, IR, and hypothyroidism. So with proper meds..keeping my carbs down..I was able to lose 40 pounds..and maintain. I eat clean M-F..and play it by ear on Saturday and Sunday

I now lift heavy weights to get some definition
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    thats me but i weigh a gross 166lbs! just wondering what other ladies this size weighs and how did you lose the weight. Just looking for similarities for motivation. and can i see your progress pics if you have any. thanks.

I think you're beautiful! Im 5'5, and about 20 pounds heavier than you. I believe I have a bigger build because Im so bulky.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5''. Right now I weigh 131. I had gotten down to 125, but then stopped eating healty and working out. 2 years ago this past March, I was in the 160s.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    im 5'6 and weigh 170 i do feel gross but im working my *kitten* off and eating healthy n all ill get there ...
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5"...was 175...doctor found out I had PCOS, IR, and hypothyroidism. So with proper meds..keeping my carbs down..I was able to lose 40 pounds..and maintain. I eat clean M-F..and play it by ear on Saturday and Sunday

I now lift heavy weights to get some definition

Great job!!! Conrats! I am going to start lifting more...so inpsired by the lady lifters!
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Between 5'4" and 5'5" and weigh 163. I have lost 110 pounds since April of last year, and feel FAR from "gross".
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started at 170. Ick! Really didn't feel as big as I did till I saw myself in pictures. I have worked my way down slowly to 163 but have lost more inches than weight I think. Down to a 10-12 from a 14.
    I have cut out soda and watching my calories. I take 1-2 protein shakes a day and exercise 3-5 times a week.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 as well, medium build too...

Currently I weigh 155lbs... I have lost about 13-15lbs since January.
  • NatashaK29
    NatashaK29 Posts: 137
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'5", 29 & started @ same as you 173, now 154. I want to get to a fairly buff 140. I net an average of 1300 a day, cardio 3x week, lift 2-3x week. If you'd like to see progress you can check out my pics.

15028112.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" with a medium build. I started out around 160 right after Thanksgiving and am now 129. The first thing I did was become a vegetarian. Definitely not for everyone, but it helped me to learn to eat more cleanly. I lost 8 pounds in a month and a half just by changing my diet and cutting out alcohol--no exercise whatsoever.

In January, my hubby decided to get on the wagon, as he had 70 pounds to lose, so we started walking. Over time, we upped our walks to at least 3 1/2 almost every day. It took me nearly six months to lose 30 pounds, but I decided from the get-go that I wasn't going to be in a huge hurry. I just wanted to be fit and able to wear shorts and tank tops by summer.

Now that we are both thinner (hubby's lost 50 pounds in five months), we have taken up running, and we also have been lifting weights for several months. And yes, I lift heavy--as heavy as I can. Building muscle not only helps you look better, but also helps with your metabolism.

I have some pictures on my profile. I have a couple of very unflattering ones from when I weighed in the 160 pound range, and the others are recent pics.

Let me know if I can be of any help to you!

ETA that I am 45 years old.
  • sarahkittymeow
    Options
    I'm ALMOST 5'5" (so I usually just go with 5'4" to be fair lol) and I am not exactly sure what I "medium build" is but I am guessing that's me. I am small boned based on wrist and other measurements, however I am very pear shaped, my hips are rather wide in comparison to my small waist and I hold most of my weight in my bum, thighs and a little on my lower belly. I'm on a temporary very low carb diet (trying ultimately to change my lifestyle to intake less carbs than usual in the long run) and I'm a huge cardio fan who just started incorporating lifting and Crossfit type training into my plan. I've been looking a little bulkier than usual but I'm told this is likely because of water retention and my muscles enlarging during the building/healing process, plus it's not like I've lost a whole lot of the fat yet! I am hoping for great results in due time :)

Plus I just want to say, if anyone took offense to her feeling "gross" in the 160's...just keep and open mind and try to see it from someone else's perspective! If you are around or even heavier than 160 and you feel great, it's most likely because you were heavier and lost the weight. Many other people, like OP possibly, have been smaller their whole lives and 160's is a high point for them...in which case, although unfortunate that they think so, they certainly have every right to feel gross. Just putting that out there!
  • SweetT415
    SweetT415 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and got up to 175 last September (the heaviest I have ever been). Last July I had been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis in both feet. I think it may have been caused by my weight gain. And because of it, I got very lazy and tried to stay off my feet as much as possible which added to my weight gain. After a biometric testing at work, I also found out I had borderline high cholesterol so I knew I had to get into shape.

I credit My Fitness Pal for my beginning weight loss. Just from tracking, I went from 175 to 167 by November. Then I started exercising 3-4 times a week. I mainly used the elliptical because it didn't hurt my feet. I gradually moved to the treadmill and Stairmaster. I started using Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. That definitely gave me the jumpstart I needed. After that, I continued to workout by doing mainly cardio.

Now, I have just a few more pounds to go. I am shifting to more strength training now. I hate weights and equipment so now I am doing body weight training. I also started doing yoga a few months ago. It brings me such joy and helped me build my strength to finally be able to do pushups (I have very little upper body strength). Not only do I look better but I feel great. And my plantar fasciitis is 90% better. Now I walk 3 miles a day on my lunch hour and I will be starting the C25K program soon.

Stick with it. The end results are so worth it. I found it helpful to take pictures during my weight loss to keep me motivated. Watching yourself shrink is the best feeling in the world. :wink:
  • sarahkittymeow
    Options
    I am 5'5" and got up to 175 last September (the heaviest I have ever been). Last July I had been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis in both feet. I think it may have been caused by my weight gain. And because of it, I got very lazy and tried to stay off my feet as much as possible which added to my weight gain. After a biometric testing at work, I also found out I had borderline high cholesterol so I knew I had to get into shape.

I credit My Fitness Pal for my beginning weight loss. Just from tracking, I went from 175 to 167 by November. Then I started exercising 3-4 times a week. I mainly used the elliptical because it didn't hurt my feet. I gradually moved to the treadmill and Stairmaster. I started using Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. That definitely gave me the jumpstart I needed. After that, I continued to workout by doing mainly cardio.

Now, I have just a few more pounds to go. I am shifting to more strength training now. I hate weights and equipment so now I am doing body weight training. I also started doing yoga a few months ago. It brings me such joy and helped me build my strength to finally be able to do pushups (I have very little upper body strength). Not only do I look better but I feel great. And my plantar fasciitis is 90% better. Now I walk 3 miles a day on my lunch hour and I will be starting the C25K program soon.

Stick with it. The end results are so worth it. I found it helpful to take pictures during my weight loss to keep me motivated. Watching yourself shrink is the best feeling in the world. :wink:

Wow, congratulations on your success so far, that's great to hear how much better things have gotten for you already! And I agree that Yoga is a great addition to any routine and makes you feel amazing even after your first time practicing it ^.^
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" with a medium build. I started out around 160 right after Thanksgiving and am now 129. The first thing I did was become a vegetarian. Definitely not for everyone, but it helped me to learn to eat more cleanly. I lost 8 pounds in a month and a half just by changing my diet and cutting out alcohol--no exercise whatsoever.

In January, my hubby decided to get on the wagon, as he had 70 pounds to lose, so we started walking. Over time, we upped our walks to at least 3 1/2 almost every day. It took me nearly six months to lose 30 pounds, but I decided from the get-go that I wasn't going to be in a huge hurry. I just wanted to be fit and able to wear shorts and tank tops by summer.

Now that we are both thinner (hubby's lost 50 pounds in five months), we have taken up running, and we also have been lifting weights for several months. And yes, I lift heavy--as heavy as I can. Building muscle not only helps you look better, but also helps with your metabolism.

I have some pictures on my profile. I have a couple of very unflattering ones from when I weighed in the 160 pound range, and the others are recent pics.

Let me know if I can be of any help to you!

ETA that I am 45 years old.

Wow u do not look 45! U look great!
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Felicia :-)
  • Kandyhar
    Kandyhar Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", same as you and 177 right now, trying to get down to the 130-140 range. This is also almost the biggest I have been and didn't realize it until I saw a really unflattering picture of me. I'd like to add all of you if you don't mind? I especially like the inspirational stories as sometimes it seems like it's not budging. This is the first time I am not severely limiting calories and skipping meals... trying to do it the healthy way but it's sooo slow..
  • Bealach_Bug
    Options
    I keep coming back to this thread, you lot are all such an inspiration. I'm nearly 5'5" and at the heaviest I've ever been, like some others it's that photo that finally gives the wake-up call.

I've managed to shift 8lbs, not sure what goal weight I want to be, think I'll let my body decide when its got over the shock of healthier eating and some exercise.

Take care all, have a great day