I need the juice on juicers

Options
bellyake3
bellyake3 Posts: 135 Member
I've been thinking a lot about juicing lately. I've only looked at one juicer while I was at home depot the other day and wasn't impressed. Does anyone out there juice? Do you have a juicer preference? Do you reccomend juicing? So confused...So confused

Replies

• shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i thought about doing it, but a lady who was doing it, told me it was in replacement of meals.

sorry but I like to chew my meals, so nope I didn't do it.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    You already know I am juicing :smile:

I like the Breville juicers (Link to website: www.brevilleusa.com/beverages/juicers.html). I have the Juice Fountain Multi Speed. I totally would recommend juicing, even as a supplement to the diet because of a the nutrient the juice offers. Here is the link to the official "Reboot" website and it is chalk full of info about juicing: www.jointhereboot.com/index.php?lang=en

If you have any more questions feel free to message me :flowerforyou:
  • April0010
    April0010 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm actually going to start juicing today! ArtGeek is right about the Breville juicers, they are awesome, we have one up here at work. Unfortunately I couldn't afford one so I purchased a Hamilton Beach Juicer off Amazon. Hopefully it works! I also got recipes off the official "reboot" site. They look pretty good. Good Luck!
  • rcthale
    rcthale Posts: 141
    Options
    I would recommend against juicing, if your goal is weight loss. Juice has plenty of nutrients, but it's missing all of the fibrous parts of the fruit that fill your stomach and satisfy your appetite. However, if you're using juice as a replacement for soda, then this is definitely a good move in the right direction.
  • bellyake3
    Options

I like the Breville juicers (Link to website: www.brevilleusa.com/beverages/juicers.html). I have the Juice Fountain Multi Speed. I totally would recommend juicing, even as a supplement to the diet because of a the nutrient the juice offers. Here is the link to the official "Reboot" website and it is chalk full of info about juicing: www.jointhereboot.com/index.php?lang=en

Thanks! I'll sure will:happy:
  • bellyake3
    Options
    I would recommend against juicing, if your goal is weight loss. Juice has plenty of nutrients, but it's missing all of the fibrous parts of the fruit that fill your stomach and satisfy your appetite. However, if you're using juice as a replacement for soda, then this is definitely a good move in the right direction.

Are there juicers that leave the pulp in? Are they still called juicers?lol
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If I were looking for a juicer....I'd expand and go STRAIGHT to the VITAMIX. It's a little costly...but it does sooooo much. And..I make green smoothies, there is not even a speck of the spinach. It is pulverized. It is a juicer and then some. The benefit, aside from all the other things that it will do, is that you don't lose any part of the fruit.

If you have a local Costco, check...they may have a VITAMIX roadshow coming....and there you can truly see what that machine can do. It also has a 7 year warranty. I've had mine for about 7 years...I make smoothies, juice, nut butters, ice cream, soup, slushies (for granddaughter). It's an amazing machine.

OK..infomercial over!
  • bellyake3
    Options
    Nice Job..Spokesperson??? lol I will check it out and thanks, great info!
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

I concur on this one. My wife and I have both done juice fasts of 10 and 30 days. The 30 day fast was the kick off to our current weight loss/healthy eating push. The site that she mentions there is awesome for recipes. We have the Juice Fountain and love it. I've never had any pulp in mine unless I mixed something with it afterwards (like extra protein).
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Nice Job..Spokesperson??? lol I will check it out and thanks, great info!

LOL...no...but if I could find a way for them to pay me....I'd do it...I send lots of folks their way. Good luck on your juicer shopping!!! :)