Summertime Grilling Recipes

Options
mel425
mel425 Posts: 5
Now that it's officially warm enough to grill and eat outside...what are some ideas that involve grilled meat/veggies? So far all my family makes is Shish-ka-bobs(chicken, peppers, onions marinated, skewered and grilled), turkey burgers/hot dogs, grilled chicken breast on salads, etc. But we're getting bored and need new ideas.

Replies

• SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Oh I need ideas too! BUMP!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Slice aubergines and courgettes (eggplants and zucchini) lengthways and marinade in a little olive oil and oregano, salt and pepper, grill with slices of halloumi cheese and corn on the cob if you want to go veggie for the day :drinker:
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I just learned that if you slice a zucchini long wise you can grill them really nice and use a misto to put olive oil on them when you take them off the grill. They are super yummy, have done this with squash to.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Grilled Salmon with Lime Butter Sauce, it's delicious.

If you make the sauce with about half the butter and very little salt, it should fit in with even a pretty low calorie regime, and of course the recipe makes far more sauce than you'd use for one meal; it keeps well in the fridge.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Grilled-Salmon-with-Lime-Butter-Sauce-1222181
  • mellstein
    mellstein Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    pizza on the grill! grilled pizza is great because it's super yummy, fast and doesn't require much cheese! i normally make two at the same time...one for the boys and one for me (they don't like the stuff on their pizza that i like).
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    Any kind of Pizza is awesome cooked on the grill. Especially Hawaiian Pizza.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I just learned that if you slice a zucchini long wise you can grill them really nice and use a misto to put olive oil on them when you take them off the grill. They are super yummy, have done this with squash to.
    Oh, I had that the other day for the first time, but without any oil at all. What surprised me was how thickly you have to cut them, and how thin they are when cooked - you only get four lengthways slices out of a courgette (zuccini).
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Making this Memorial Weekend!

Time: 25 minutes
    Serves: 4-6

Turkey Burgers
    1 pound ground turkey
    4 ounces crumbled feta
    1 cup chopped fresh or frozen spinach
    sliced tomato and red onion (optional)

Tzatziki
    6 ounces plain yogurt
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1/4 cup minced peeled cucumber
    1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
    1/8 teaspoon dill
    salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 425° (or fire up the grill).

1. Combine turkey, spinach and feta in a bowl. Mix well, season with salt and pepper.

2. Form six patties and place on a broiler pan (or on the grill).

3. Bake on center rack for 25 minutes. If you’re grilling, cook about 7 minutes on each side.

4. Meanwhile, combine all tzatziki ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and adjust flavors to taste.

5. When burgers are cooked through, stick ‘em on a toasted bun and top with tomato, onion, and a hearty dollop of tzatziki. Or make smaller patties and serve two on a bed of lettuce.

Burgers:
    Nutrition Facts
    Amount per serving

Calories:
    163.8 kcal

Water 69.43 g
    Carbohydrate* (2%) 0.95 g
    Protein (42%) 16.03 g
    Total Fat (56%) 10.29 g
    Monounsaturated 3.21 g
    Polyunsaturated 1.63 g
    Saturated 4.53 g
    Cholesterol 76.57 mg
    Dietary Fibre 0.11 g

Tzatziki:

Nutrition Facts
    Amount per serving

Calories:
    20.9 kcal

Water 33.79 g
    Carbohydrate* (46%) 2.54 g
    Protein (34%) 1.66 g
    Total Fat (20%) 0.48 g
    Monounsaturated 0.13 g
    Polyunsaturated 0.01 g
    Saturated 0.31 g
    Cholesterol 1.84 mg
    Dietary Fibre 0.05 g
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    And dont forget your sangria!!!!!!!!
  • coderchris
    coderchris Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    We grill asparagus. I also purchased a grill pan and grill zucchini and yellow squash. I just dice them and spray them with some olive oil spray and sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese. You can grill peaches, slice them in half and spray them with no stick spray. They need to be kind of firm not too ripe.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Jenna----I effing love taztiki sauce
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    aw man, now I want shish kabob

anyway. fish- mahi mahi is DELICIOUS onna grill and I like grilled asparagus
    pork chops or steak - here's one my family LOVES- wrap some pork chops, red potatoes, onions etc - whatever veggies you like in aluminum foil & stick the whole thing on a medium grill for 25-40 mins.(check potatoes for doneness) dinner in one step! and it's delicious
  • julieh1973
    julieh1973 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    squash and zuchinni marinated in Italian Dressing (yummy)
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    In the summer, I grill almost everything. Pork Loin, chicken, salmon, and my absolute favorite CORN ON THE COB!!!! MMMMMM. I can't wait.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    food makes me bump. :)
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Stuffed Chills

Ingredients

6 medium to large Anaheim chilies

1 8oz package of cream cheese

6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

1 tbs franks red hot wing sauce
    Directions

Boil chilies until just tender, about 5 minutes. Remove to cold water to stop cooking. Cut top off and with a small knife remove seeds and veins from pepper, set aside.
    In a blender combing cream cheese, bacon and hot sauce and blend until creamy.
    Fill each pepper with cream cheese mixture until full.
    Grill or broil on low for 15 minutes.
  • mel425
    mel425 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas..especially that burger recipe!
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    pineapple
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    pineapple

Grilled pineapple is sooooo good!!!