Had lap band 1 year ago!

Options
:bigsmile Hello, I am new to myfitnesspal and I have to say I love this site, 1 year ago I weighed almost 300 pounds and ive managed to lose 70 pounds and kept it off, however I would love to lose another 50 or so. I really enjoy hearing everyones storys. Wish I would have known about this site a lot sooner!

Replies

• HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss. MFP has been a waist saver for me!!
  • diamondwart
    Options
    Thank you!! totally aprech. it! As for MFP amazing, makes every thing seem simple which for me totally love simple!
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There is a group out there for folks who have undergone lap band surgery (just search for lap band under groups and you should find it). Joining different groups has really inspired me. Good luck on your weightloss journey.
  • shellywoodhead
    shellywoodhead Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had my band fitted last July and have lost 128lbs taking me to my target in less than ten months. I have always tracked my food and protein intake and that's what's worked for me. I don't have full restriction for a good two weeks per month, but the other two weeks, I do. Funny old world, this band malarkey. It takes time, but once you recognise what barriers you will come across and how to deal with them effectively, I hope everyone grows to love their band as much as I do. Liberating!! :)