Embarrassing Question...for the ladies

Cariñosita
Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been wanting to ask this question, but I was too embarrassed. But here it is anyway.......

For the past couple of weeks, I've been having sweat circles around my nipples when I work out. Anyone else?? At first I decided it was just that I was sweating more, so I was just sweating through my sports bra. I have increased my calorie burn from 500-600 to 800-900 most days. Anyway, yesterday I went running outside. It was a nice day, not too hot. I didn't sweat that much, but still had the spots. It's kinda embarrassing walking through the gym like that. Any insight would be much appreciated. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    I increased my exercising lately too. About 45 minutes into, the sweat that I usually see around my middle starts creeping up, and eventually i have the same "sweat spots" you talk about. I look around at all the other women exercising in the same class at about the same intensity (trying not to let them see me look at their breasts) and no one else has them. My instructor is dripping sweat and she doesn't have them. I was wondering if maybe it was the type of absorption of my bra. I'd be interested to see what everyone else's opinion is.
  • shaleah77
    shaleah77 Posts: 89
    Any chance this is not sweat? There are hormonal problems that will cause women to lactate, even though they are not pregnant etc. I would suggest since you have an obvious circle or ring in that specific area to look into it further and be sure that it is indeed sweat. If a woman is lactating certain things will trigger 'let down' and one of them is heat!
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    I am not sure what would cause this. but maybe I can help a little. they sell pads that women put in there bras when they are brest feeding to keep from leaking. maybe you can try these. I would still go see a dr. about it.
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Any chance this is not sweat? There are hormonal problems that will cause women to lactate, even though they are not pregnant etc. I would suggest since you have an obvious circle or ring in that specific area to look into it further and be sure that it is indeed sweat. If a woman is lactating certain things will trigger 'let down' and one of them is heat!

This is true. Are you taking in less than 1200 cals? Make sure you still have 1200 cals even after exercize, the body needs that many to function properly. See a doc. I say this because when I was hospitalized for anorexia I found that this is common amonst those of us who restricted our calories and exercized. And I learned that out of balance hormones lead to bigger problems down the road. Improper nutrition has huge consequenses, even when they look tiny.
    Not that I'm saying you could be anorexic, lol, but the same symptoms can occur even in regular people who lack proper nutrition.
  • The hormone that regulates that area is prolactin. If your prolactin hormone levels are too high, your breasts will secrete milk.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    my boobs sweat all over, i know this cause that is where i keep my mp3 player when i go out jogging:wink: and when i take it out it is COVERED in sweat beads

but i also wear two bras to keep them from moving, so i'm not sure how much they are actually sweating cause nothing ever gets through!
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Thank you all for your input. Maybe I should also clarify that it is not just that area. I mean my bra is absolutely soaked when I take it off. The sweat has always been visible through my shirt above the bra, around the neck, and at the bottom it shows through also. Just recently, I have noticed the "circles" and they are embarrassing. I have also been paying more attention to it, and it seems if I worked out a little longer the entire bra area would show through. As far as my nutrition, I think I eat pretty well. I usually actually eat between 1400 and 1600 calories each day. Some days (like today) I eat more. This may be a stupid question, but how would I know if it is the sweat or lactating??

lulabellewoowoo---I do the same thing!!! I've been checking out the women at the gym.....it's just me, though. However, none of them are drenched in sweat like I am.
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Thank you all for your input. Maybe I should also clarify that it is not just that area. I mean my bra is absolutely soaked when I take it off. The sweat has always been visible through my shirt above the bra, around the neck, and at the bottom it shows through also. Just recently, I have noticed the "circles" and they are embarrassing. I have also been paying more attention to it, and it seems if I worked out a little longer the entire bra area would show through. As far as my nutrition, I think I eat pretty well. I usually actually eat between 1400 and 1600 calories each day. Some days (like today) I eat more. This may be a stupid question, but how would I know if it is the sweat or lactating??

lulabellewoowoo---I do the same thing!!! I've been checking out the women at the gym.....it's just me, though. However, none of them are drenched in sweat like I am.

If you are lactating you might notice a slight sticky film around the nipple area (sorry, it sounds yucky, lol)
    If it is just sweat then I wouldn't be too concerned. Sweat is good! I can't remember the article, but I recently read one that stated (in a nutshell) the more you sweat the better shape you are in. You can try those nipple pad things that lactating mothers use to prevent those embarassing spots. I know what you mean about embarrassing. I never had spots there, but I did get off a bike once and notice a sweaty spot on the seat.....ewwwww, I was so embarassed that I don't use the bike at the gym anymore, just at home, lol.
This discussion has been closed.