Fitness help for Law Enforcement

Options
i am currently an officer in my home town, and i am trying to get into better shape in order to be a bit safer. with the rise of different drugs(officers...you know exactly what i mean)people are acting like superman on them. i know i have other tools in my belt to deal with them, but trying to be in shape is key for me. Does anyone have any pointers. Come on LEOs!!

Replies

• _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    YOu're on a roll today.....my only suggestion is to LIFT HEAVY weights.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Get thee to a gym!

<3 And thanks for keeping your town safe.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Please let me know what town/city you are "protecting" so I know to keep my daughter out of there.
  • tquig
    tquig Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Please let me know what town/city you are "protecting" so I know to keep my daughter out of there.

LMAO

I will send you pics of me in my uniform if you send me pics of yourself first...
  • digitalbill
    Options

LMAO

I will send you pics of me in my uniform if you send me pics of yourself first...
    Um... I know that it is the "new" Army and all that but, I really dont swing that way.
    I mean, if YOU do thats cool and all but, I am really not your type.
    And the last picture of me in uniform was back in 1996. That was BEFORE the black beret was standard issue.
  • sugabear123789
    Options
    you guys are rediculous, and thanks for the ones who are actualy posting real stuff....i appreciate it
  • tquig
    tquig Posts: 176 Member
    Options

LMAO

Um... I know that it is the "new" Army and all that but, I really dont swing that way.
    And the last picture of me in uniform was back in 1996. That was BEFORE the black beret was standard issue.

Actually my response was in reference to sugarbear's other post regarding pictures, so I hope you got the humor.

As far as the uniform, I haven't been in the Army for over ten years. I too joined when you had to earn the Black Beret and you tried to "Be all You Can Be". Left just as the headgear changed and the whole "Army of One" thing came out.
  • sugabear123789
    Options
    i appreciate you serving our fine nation. THANK YOU!!! i have much respect for you
  • digitalbill
    Options

LMAO

Actually my response was in reference to sugarbear's other post regarding pictures, so I hope you got the humor.

As far as the uniform, I haven't been in the Army for over ten years. I too joined when you had to earn the Black Beret and you tried to "Be all You Can Be". Left just as the headgear changed and the whole "Army of One" thing came out.
    Understood.
    Hey.. you can't be too careful, right?
  • sugabear123789
    Options
    right...you honestly cant be too careful. agreed
  • sugabear123789
    Options
    ANY LEOs ON HERE, OR IN A SIMULAR ENVIRONMENT...MAYBE SOMEONE MILITARY??
  • digitalbill
    Options
    Dude..
    stop it already.
    IF you actually completed the police academy, you should be in pretty good shape already.

You are not fooling anyone.
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    There are lots of LEO's at my gym- it's a Krav Maga gym and they have a bunch of other classes too like boxing, Brazilian jujitsu, Kali, etc.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Dude..
    stop it already.
    IF you actually completed the police academy, you should be in pretty good shape already.

This is so true. I mean, who has ever seen an overweight cop? Come on.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Dude..
    stop it already.

Go to the South.
    A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Dude..
    stop it already.

Go to the South.
    A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Lol. That was sarcasm, sweetie. :-)
  • digitalbill
    Options
    Dude..
    stop it already.

Not at 25 years old.
    That is still an FNG.
    The problem a lot of police officers have is that once they leave the academy, they stop working out.
    But, in order to graduate the academy, you do have to be in pretty good shape.
  • jmilian825
    jmilian825 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Dude..
    stop it already.

woe yes here in the South we have them really big ones! I think they drive up to your window to hand you the Ticket lol
  • tcbutler
    tcbutler Posts: 146
    Options
    Hey Sugabear! Sent you an FR with some ideas.
  • jmilian825
    jmilian825 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    i am currently an officer in my home town, and i am trying to get into better shape in order to be a bit safer. with the rise of different drugs(officers...you know exactly what i mean)people are acting like superman on them. i know i have other tools in my belt to deal with them, but trying to be in shape is key for me. Does anyone have any pointers. Come on LEOs!!
    swimming burns some mad calories and works your whole body :) it may help