SBF2 Reboot Boogaloo! July 20

Options
mechanicmom
mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
Good morning Pebbs!
I feel bad that I am always starting the threads. I just have to get started early in the day. :yawn:
I went to for my run to the park. Made .6 miles again but my legs wouldn't go again after that. Alex just woke up, and I noticed the ducks are hungry so we are going to walk down there. We need to go before it gets too much warmer. It's not that warmer but it's very humid. Suppose to be in the low to mid 90's for the next few days.
After the ducks and then breakfast I need to work on garage sale stuff. People say they are going to get stuff to us, so I need to get the stuff we have, finished up. I have to get the house cleaned up on top of that in case people do come over. We are without a vehicle so I have no running away excuses (except to the park).
Okay, I'd better go. Have a great Monday!

Busy boogaloo!
MM

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I appreciate someone else starting the thread, so don't worry MM.

I got a bike ride in and a gym visit yesterday. At the gym I did 20 min cybex, 20 min elliptical, and 17 min walk - I had to push myself to do the elliptical because the gym I go to with my husband has the ones I don't like (LifeFitness, I prefer Precor - they feel vastly different to me) - it was all hard because I was tired out from Sat, but I'm ok today.

Today: walk, yoga, gym. I think the yoga theme tonight will be "Twist and Shout". I've been coming up with silly titles for my classes.

Jealous of lower 90s, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I appreciate someone else starting the thread, so don't worry MM.

Yep, seconded.

Today I meet with my trainer and try to get some business stuff done before I'm gone for two weeks (T minus 10 days and counting). I really don't know how it's possible that it's the 20th of July. I feel like I'm in the clutches of some sort of red-tape monster. . .and every time I fill out one form, three more appear. . .:ohwell:

Also, yesterday I gave in to potato chips, so no more of that. My big goals for the day are training, cooking dinner (No more restaurants for a bit. . .I did three in one night Saturday, and the trip will involve some food tourism, I assure you.) hydrating and trying to accomplish one more business task for the day (I've already completed two forms and need to make a phone call).

Take care, pebbs.:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Mary, your classes sound like fun. I wish I could take one! :bigsmile: Good luck with your garage sale stuff, MM - I really need to start thinking about that myself. My house is filling up with stuff I don't need and don't use.

I didn't manage to get any real exercise in this weekend. Just some gardening and walking around. I ended up having to deal with some issues from work, and then got caught up in troubleshooting my home computer project, and stayed up way too late on Saturday night and was too tired to go to belly dancing at the gym. We did go to a farmer's market on Sunday - it was one that was mentioned by the organic farmer who we saw talk after the film on Friday. So we said hi to him and picked up some nice organic stuff (garlic 'scapes' from him, cherries from someone else, some english muffins, and some other stuff I can't remember).

And then I just couldn't get myself together this morning - I managed to get my lunch ready, but didn't get my workout clothes in my bag. So I will be doing some sort of workout at home or around the neighborhood tonight after work. Pushups are definitely on the agenda.

Monday, alas, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    http://funtuna.blogspot.com/2009/07/drunk-people-yoga-positions.html

Mary, somebody sent this to me. It's people passed out drunk in yoga poses. I laughed, but that may make me a bad person. I do not support drinking until you pass out in dolphin, BTW.:wink:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    http://funtuna.blogspot.com/2009/07/drunk-people-yoga-positions.html

Mary, somebody sent this to me. It's people passed out drunk in yoga poses. I laughed, but that may make me a bad person. I do not support drinking until you pass out in dolphin, BTW.:wink:

The guy in plow pose - oh my - his head position! Bridge is my favorite though.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I'm glad someone else starts the post, especially since I've had such an erratic schedule lately.

I'm back from Montana and cannot wait to be HOME for a nice long time! First order of business:

~ Plan meals for the week and pre-cook chicken
    ~ Work out after work tonight
    ~ Yoga this week
    ~ Drink 1L of water at the office

Monday boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Bleargh. I was just informed by my husband that we're going out to dinner. (with another couple, so it would be rude to not go.) So, my goals are no dessert and stopping after one glass of wine, followed by no eating out for the rest of the week.

Luckily, my trainer gave me a serious thrashing today. Heavy circuits with old-school boot camp/football/ballet drills. Yikes. I burned nearly six hundred calories in the hour (I've been burning just under 400 in my sessions with her.) I'm wondering how I'll be walking tomorrow. :tongue:

Sore inner thigh/abs boogaloo!

Welcome back, Wondering! Here's to resting from the road.:flowerforyou:

Oh, and also: new blog post boogaloo. . .(although for you guys, I'm probably preaching to the choir.:wink: )
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I meant to say that I appreciate it when someone starts the post, too. Thanks, MM! I always feel like I am rushing in the morning lately.

I think I am going to go back to tracking my calories for awhile. :grumble: I probably don't NEED to lose any more weight for health reasons, but it would be so nice if I could just get rid of the padding on the back of my arms! Or at least find out if it is possible to get rid of it. And, I kinda feel like I've lost control of my eating just a tiny bit. I still make pretty good choices, but I'm not really sure how much I'm eating anymore, or whether it is in line with what I expect it to be, calorically. So, I want to track for at least a week and figure out where I am.