PICS!!!! Halfway there!

Options
elfo
elfo Posts: 353 Member
body.jpg
face.jpg]

I started my journey January 11th needing to loose 70 lbs, and four months later I was down past my half-way point having lost 36.6 lbs. I still have 33.4 lbs to go to reach my goal weight, but I wanted to post some pictures of where i was when I started and where I am today. I am happier, healthier, and feel more confident. I look at pictures sometimes and can't believe how I let myself get to 220 lbs (my highest). I still have a ways to go, but I think the hard part is done- having lost what I did gives me courage to take on the next 33 lbs. I know it will get tougher to loose, the more I loose, but I focus on getting "healthy" rather than getting "thin". It helps to keep things in perspective especially during those frustrating plateau periods. Now I have joined the gym and am ready to kick butt!
For anyone out there who has a lot to loose-- don't think of the big number do it 5 lbs at a time. I started just by cutting carbs and sugar, and walking. I tried to educate myself, and started incorporating things back into my diet, but still keep away from processed and refined foods. It took a change in psychology, and it didn't happen overnight, but I'm getting there, and have gained soooo much more than just a waistline. Also-- I want to thank all my MFP friends- they are so supportive and amazing, and were a huge part of my success!!!

Replies

• BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm sure you'll get where you want to be. Keep at it
  • elfo
    Options
    I can't get the picture bigger :(
  • Zero2hero2013
    Zero2hero2013 Posts: 458
    Options
    awesome progress! what ever your doing keep going!! looking great!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Awesome work
  • AngieMoore1975
    AngieMoore1975 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You seriously look phenominal!!! I admire your dedication and can't wait to see you get to your end goal! I love the "after pic of your up close face shot! So beautiful!!! :)
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Keep up the hard work!
  • elfo
    Options
    Thanks everyone!