What do you whey with?

Options
Krizzle4Rizzle
Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
I would like to start drinking protein shakes after my workout because I am looking to increase my protein intake since protein is awesome! What whey powder do you use? I was thinking about 'Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard' because of it's good reviews, but I am open to suggestions.

Replies

• MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I would like to start drinking protein shakes after my workout because I am looking to increase my protein intake since protein is awesome! What whey powder do you use? I was thinking about 'Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard' because of it's good reviews, but I am open to suggestions.

Optimum Nutrition has the best flavors
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Double Chocolate with almond milk - yum! :flowerforyou:
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I also like Optimum Nutrition Whey Gold Standard. It tastes great and is economical (buy on Amazon and get free shipping for orders over $25!). I like the chocolate flavors best.
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    The cheap stuff - BodyFortress from Walmart. $7.50/lb. But chocolatey & good (as far as I'm concerned)

PS: i should say - you can get it at 6.50/lb if you buy their 3-pack online :happy:
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    I would say Yes to Optimum Nutrition. Just avoid the strawberry
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I love the Optimum Nutrition powders. I've tried several others and IMHO, none of them come close to matching the flavor of ON. They're definitely NOT the cheapest, though... but I like the fact that they're 100% whey and they even have a few flavors that are all natural.
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk and Muscle Milk Light have incredible flavors IMO; however, there is a little more fat and some complex carbs than pure whey protein that needs to be taken into account but I think it makes the product work better than just whey protein..
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    The cheap stuff - BodyFortress from Walmart. $7.50/lb. But chocolatey & good (as far as I'm concerned)

PS: i should say - you can get it at 6.50/lb if you buy their 3-pack online :happy:
    I buy this as well, chocolate. It's inexpensive, gets me my protein, and I like the taste. I just shake it with some unsweetened plain almond milk and drink it.
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    i also use Body Fortress in vanilla! I just add a few berries in with my shakes and its super yummy and I get what I need.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I just recently bought my first two jugs of protein powder, so there could be better out there... but I enjoy Walmart's "Six Star" brand. I bought Cookies n Creme and Triple Chocolate Milkshake. I added it to skim milk, it tastes great to me, but to thicken it up a little, you might either stick it in the freezer for a bit or buy 2% or fattier milk.

Yummm.... I have a very hard time meeting my protein macros, until just recently. Protein powder to the rescue! And they taste like milkshakes? Get outta here.... :heart:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

Thanks for the pro-tip!
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I just got whatever was cheapest at Costco.
  • whiplashpcw
    whiplashpcw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I might have to order some of that from Walmart :)
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I do the whole food's organic whey, chocolate flavor. Mix with vanilla almond milk, and it tastes like such a treat! Love it.

It's also naturally sweetened. I try to avoid artificial sweetener as much as possible.
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    11qtzt1.jpg

GNC Pro Performance Amp Amplified 100% Whey Protein, Chocolate.

$33 a barrel. Good stuff, tastes great, works!

Buy it here: http://tinyurl.com/cykj5sy
  • Doomfrog
    Doomfrog Posts: 79
    Options
    Any suggestions for those of us allergic to Whey? I've used this Plant Fusion stuff, but it is super expensive and doesn't taste very good. I just got some of the EAS Soy Protein which is delicious but seems a little high in sugar? Or is that kind of normal and I shouldn't let it bother me?
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly considering using whey as an additive to flavor things plus get more protein (i.e. mixing chocolate whey into yogurt to get chocolate yogurt). Does that change anybody's recommendations?
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I get the huge bag of EAS in vanilla at BJs.
  • Boomer1946
    Boomer1946 Posts: 124
    Options
    Get you some "O Yeah Total Protein System". Without a doubt, THE best tasting drink of all. I like the chocolate milkshake. I eat their high protein bars also. Super!

Tom

:smile:
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Lean Body by Labrada... amazing flavors, lactose free, sugar free, high protein, great nutrient profile, no aspartame. I get the low-carb packets and/or the RTD 12-packs to take to work. I LOVE them!